𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐃𝐮𝐨

Akis POV

I'm currently at the public bath along with Takemichi, Draken, and Mikey when I recalled a certain memory.

Flashback

"Y/N... I'm sorry..." I hung my head low and thought my sister would yell at me but she came up to me and hugged me. 

"It's okay Aki-nii. It's okay, I'm just glad you are alright..."

End of Flashback

"Takemichy, you've always got something on your head, huh?" Draken asked making me snap out of my trance.

"I remember! The two of you had shat on yourselves!" Mikey said causing me to groan.  

"You two are seriously not going to forget that, huh?" I asked while shaking my head.

......

Y/N's POV

Ever since that fateful night, I don't ever want to leave my brother alone again. This is why I followed him to another Toman meeting only for me to witness Takemichi throwing a punch at the new 3rd Division Captain. 

"Yo, what's goin' on? This looks like fun!" Then this Baji dude started punching Takemichi like crazy so I decided to step in by kicking the back of his knees causing him to scream in pain. 

"I think that's enough there mister vampire," I told him while holding him down. 

"Let go you bitch!" He yelled so I decided to use my feet and press hard on where I just kicked him making him cry in pain. 

"Wrong response," I said. "Don't hurt the people I care about," I lowly whispered to him. 

"Umm, Y/N it's alright so you can let go now," Takemichi spoke so I decided to release him. 

"I ended up punching some twerp just now". He started making me scoff, 'And I just kicked your ass.' "Am I finally gonna be fired for ruining your precious meeting? I'm goin' to Valhalla. You don't want any troublemakers, do you, Mikey?" 

"Baji!" Mikey shouted but the boy just walked off saying he was an enemy of Toman now. 

......

It's a day later and now we are in another mess once again. The same guy from yesterday was not beating up his own Vice Captain from Toman and I honestly don't even know what's happening anymore. 

Apparently, this Kazutora guy and Baji are the ones that injured Shin that day... I had no idea that was the case because he never told me but it seems as though my brother also had no idea. 

"Hey you there pretty girl what's your name?" A tall but thin man asked me. 

"That's none of your business," I turned around to leave when he spoke once more. 

"Name's Hanma Shuji! Don't forget about it babe~" He said making me surprised to hear that name. 

"I see so you're Hanma. I was actually looking for you," I tilted my head while giving him a closed eye smile. "Guess I'll see you soon," I said before heading out with Takemichi and my brother carefully following me while they held the blonde boy. 

"Y/N! Why are you making us hold him?!" Aki questioned making me raise my eyebrows. 

"That's your punishment for dragging me into another mess," I said when I spotted that vampire leaving as well. "You guys go ahead. I'm going to talk to someone." 

I then headed to him and tapped his shoulders, "What do you want, little girl?" 

"Straight to the point I like it but we can't talk about it here. So how about I treat you something?" I asked while grabbing his wrist while running. "My name is L/N Y/N and I'm sorry for hurting you yesterday." 

He looked at me before speaking, "It's fine and my name is Baji Keisuke."

......

The two of us shared Peyoung Yakisoba as we talked and talked. 

"So why are you pretending as if you betrayed Toman?" I questioned making him quite surprised. 

"I don't know what you are talking about," he looked away from my face. 

"I can tell that you are lying and plus you're pretty bad at it too," I stated making him frown. 

"I'm not bad at lying!" 

"Uh-huh," I laughed.

"I'm just trying to help mend the relationship between my friends..." He sadly spoke. 

"Between Mikey and Kazutora?" 

"Yeah... It's just that I wish things would go back to the way it was before." 

I then stood up and looked at the sky, "it sucks, doesn't it? Not being able to go back in time to change something? But you still got a chance here to change the future now and I'm more than willing to help you. So don't do this alone Baji, I'll lend you a hand". I held my hands out for him to grab. 

He looked at me before nodding his head and then standing up to shake my hand, "Then let's work together partner!" 

.

.

.

.