Chapter 10

Evelyns POV:

The movie finished about an hour ago and now Shane and I were on his bed cuddled up on our phones. His family had left about 5 minutes ago to go get dinner as it was around 8:30pm and no one wanted to cook. So it was just us in the house. It was rather relaxing having the house to ourselves, there was no faint echoing of drums, or people talking or Everleigh screaming/laughing.

"Hey princess." I heard Shane mumble

"Yes Shane, also am I princess now? I'm not Evelyn or Eves or Evie or E or any other variation of my name just princess." I said half joking half wanting to know why he was calling me princess.

I wasn't complaining tho I loved it, I just want to know why.

"Yep."

"Anyway I was going to ask if you wanted to bake cookies but I guess you're above that cause you're a princess." He said with a smirk coming closer to my face

"Hey you gave me the nickname." I replied leaning even closer to him

"And also if you truly were my best friend you'd know that I fucking love baking." I contiued

"Why do you think I suggested it dumbass." He said standing up with a smile on his face

"Fair."

I held out my hands signaling for him to help me up and he took my hands in his and pulled me up from the bed.

"Thank you kind sir." I joked with a exaggerated accent

"You're most welcome m'lady." He bowed dramatically

"Oh my god we are actually dumbasses." I laughed

"Maybe so."

We walked downstairs into the kitchen. I looked around for a recipe book but gave up after 5 minutes and texted Artemis.

Evelyn

Hey Arty can I have your cookie recipe?

Artemis
Ofc I'll send it through

Evelyn

Thank youuuuuuu

Artemis

You're welcomeeeeeee

200g Tararua Butter
1 cup Chelsea White Sugar
1 cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups Edmonds Standard Grade Flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp Edmonds Baking Powder
2 cups chocolate chips

Melt Tararua Butter, then add Chelsea White Sugar and Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar and cream these together. Beat in the eggs and vanilla then use a spoon or spatula to mix in the dry ingredients.

Roll into medium sized balls and place on prepared trays. They shouldn't spread too much so flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.

Leave to cool on trays for a couple of minutes, before transferring to a wire cooling rack.

"Okay! I have the recipe now all we need to do is make the cookies."

I am way to excited to make cookies. Like unhealthly excited.

"What is the first thing we need?"

"200 grams of butter and we need to melt it and we also need to pre heat the oven."

We made the cookie dough and were adding the chocolate chips but Shane kept eating them.

"Oh my god Shane let me add them." I said reaching for them

"But I want to eat them." He replied grabbing the packet

"Too bad we are using them for the cookies."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Shane give them here." I replied putting my hand out for them

He did nothing but pout at me.

"Shane I swear to god." I laughed

"Fineeeeeee." He said handing them over

"Thank you."

I started putting the chocolate chips into the dough and mixing them in until I felt arms wrap around me and a head fall onto my neck.

I felt my cheeks go beat read and I decided that I would just concentrate on the dough.

It was all mixed together and time to roll them and put them in the oven.

"Shane can you grab the trays?"

"Yeah."

He sounded tired. Maybe the lack of sleep the night before got to him.

He handed me the trays and I put them on the bench making sure everything was out of the way. I grabbed two desert spoons and handed one to Shane.

"This is the last thing we need to do after this we just need to take them out and then you can go to sleep."

"Okayyyy." He replied giving me a sleepy smile

God when did he become so fucking adorable.

We put the cookies in the oven and baked them for 15 minutes before taking them out we just left them ontop of the oven to cool before going upstairs to Shanes room. His family came home half way through baking the cookies in the oven.

When we got upstairs Shane flopped onto the bed earning a small laugh from me.

He turned over onto his back and pulled me down with him.

We just layed ther comfortably no words needed to be said only needing to be in eachothers presence.

God I could lay hear forever.

Word count: 823

A/N: Hello, hope you enjoyed that chapter I think I might write shorter chapters for the less important chapters and then longer ones for the more important ones just to get updsting more anyway I apologize for any spelling mistakes and miss used words. byeeeeee.