Chapter 17

It was time for the cake and fuck was I nervous. For one, because this was one of the biggest cakes that I've ever made and two, because I wasn't sure about the art that I'd done on it the night before. Sure everyone who'd seen it had praised it but that still didn't help. But none the less I walked into the kitchen with Shane and we both grabbed the cake and carried it out to the backyard. It was pretty big so we had to put it on an actual cake platter rather than a plate. Once it was out on the table I covered it again and ran around to find some candles and a lighter, after I had come back I saw an array of people starting to gather around and I decided that I would wait for everyone to gather so they could all see the reveal together.

Once everyone had gathered around the table I took the covering off and put it to the side.

A lot of people gasped at the technicality of the art and others I wasn't so sure on.

"Eves this is beautiful," Alison spoke up from her spot next to Taylor

I blushed a little at the complement

"I second that," Taylor said

The art on the top of the cake was a photo of all of them where they looked genuinely happy. Except for Taylor, then again, he always looks out of it. I knew that Daves band was like extended family and I wanted him to see how far he's come as a sort of reminiscent moment.

The smile on his face was priceless so the couple hours of art and practice definitely paid off.

"Thank you," He said looking as though he was about to cry

"Of cause dad, also T you look very concerned,"

Taylor just shrugged while the others chuckled. I placed the candles neatly around the cake before lighting them.

Everyone dramatically burst into song in attempt to try and embarrass my father but he was too happy to care.

At the end of the song Dave blew out the candles with a huge smile on his face.

"And we won't bother with the claps because we'd be clapping for centuries," I added

"Hey!" Dave smiled

I grabbed the knife on the table and handed it to him, he started cutting slices of the cake for everyone putting them on a ridiculous amount of paper plates.

"You did good kid," Pat spoke from beside me

"Oh, thank you," I smiled

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The night went for a little while longer before people started filtering out wishing Dave a happy birthday on the way out. The Hawkins of cause deciding to crash with us for the night as neither Dave nor Jordyn minded. Alison, Jordyn, Shane and I cleaned up while Dave and Taylor got Ophelia and Everleigh to sleep. As for Vi and Harper, they passed out on the couch about 12 minutes ago.

Once everything was tidied up and clean Shane and I decided to call it a night and went upstairs.

"You staying in the guest room or my room tonight?" I asked once we reached the top of the stairs

He gave me look that said 'is that even a question?' So I took that as a sign to not bother setting up a guest room for him.

We reached my room and walked in. I fell back onto my bed letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"You okay, baby?" Shane questioned from beside me as he sat next to me on the bed slightly playing with my hair

"Today was a lot," I settled on saying

He just nodded knowing full well how I went with crowds and public gatherings. Despite being a Grohl I still have a hard time with anxiety and people. But at least I had Shane.

I stood up from the bed and grabbed a change of clothes before exiting the room to change in the bathroom. Once I had finished I knocked on the door hearing a soft come in before entering. I grabbed one of Shanes hoddies that had been left lying around, tiredly putting it on before slipping under the covers, Shane joining me not a moment later. I quickly snuggled up into his side, one of his arms resting on my waist. I smiled softly before drifting into a deep sleep. 

Word count: 745

A/N: shorter chapter today this was kind of just a filler as I had no idea what to write (I had absolutely no plan going into this, this entire story is improv) but anyway hope you enjoyed it byeeeee.