Chapter 19

May 23rd

Shane and I had been dating for four months now, and everything was going smoothly. Other than the fact that everyone except for Dave and Taylor knew that we made it official.

"Shane?" I asked from my place, lying next to him with my head in his lap.

"Yeah?" He said, scrolling on his phone with his hand in my hair.

"Should we... tell Dave and Taylor?"

I played with my hands nervously as I thought over the pros and cons.

"If that's what you want, princess," he said nonchalantly.

"No, don't do that, please. I need... I need your advice,"

Shane was a bit worried at how anxious I was and put his phone down, and sat up more as he looked down at me.

"Baby, nothing will happen if we tell them, but you should also not feel obligated to tell them if you aren't ready," he said, his tone soft

I sighed. "I- I don't know, I'm just... scared? It's stupid, I know, but... I just,"

I breathed

"I like how things are between us, and I don't want them to make it weird, you know?"

He nodded

"I get it, but also, we will have to tell them eventually,"

"I know. Do you... do you think now would be a good time?"

He thought over it and nodded. "I mean, when else would be a better time?"

She sighed and nodded as she sat up. "Okay then, we'll tell them," she smiled

He grinned at her and kissed her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shane and I sat together at the kitchen table while we watched our dads talk.

"Dad," I spoke up

He hummed. "What's up, kid?" He asked

I took a shakey breath.

"I- we have something to tell you... and Taylor," I said, gesturing to Shane

The two of them looked intrigued as I said that.