Chapter 12

January 13th

I woke up to the sun shining through my curtains, slightly blinding me. I rolled over and picked up my phone. Holy shit. It's my Dads birthday tomorrow.

For some reason this woke me up. Maybe the fact that I hadn't got him a card yet or the fact that we were baking a cake today.

I got up and walked downstairs.

"Hey honey." I heared my mother say as I walked into the living room

"Hi mom." I said walking over to her and sitting beside her

"Are you gonna make a cake today?" She asks

"Yeah." I yawned

"Oh also I need to go buy a card for dad today." I continued

"Okay we'll see what we can do."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was upstairs in my room when I decided that I wanted to go out and buy the card now so I wouldn't forget later.

But I didn't want to go alone so naturally I texted Shane

Evelyn:
Shaneeeeeee

Shane:
Evelynnnnn

Evelyn:
You wanna come to town with me I have to get my dad a card for tomorrow.

Shane:
Yeah sure I'll be over in a little bit.

Evelyn:
Okay :)

Shane:
:)

I heard my mom callimg for me to come downstairs so I assumed Shane was here. I put on my shoes grabbed my phone and wallet and ran downstairs. I got to the door grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.

"Bye mom see you in a little bit love ya." I said

Shane just waved to her and then turned to me.

"So where are we going?"

"Well I think I'm going to make a card instead but I need supplies so probably to the art shop."

"Okay." He smiled looking down

"What are you smiling at?" I asked gently

He didn't reply he just nodded down at our hands that were still intertwined.

I smiled.

"Ohhh." I said quietly

I guess me and Shane didn't really change our dynamic much even tho we were officially dating, then again it had literally only been a day.

We had been walking for about fifteen minutes and we had finanly made our way to the shop I walked in and was immediately reminded why this was my favourite shop.