Chapter 16

January 14th

The morning went on chaotically as one would say. As soon as I woke up it was full on, me and my mother were running around trying to get things set up for the barbeque and trying to organize everything and everyone.

Of cause we had help tho, the Hawkins came 'round earlier than the rest to help. My mother and Allison were in the kitchen, Taylor was keeping Dave occupied so he wouldn't help out,  Shane was with me making sure that everything went well so as to not trigger a meltdown on my side because things werent going right, Annabelle and Everleigh were with their respective Grohls and everything seemed to be going well so far.

"Okay that should be good," I said looking from the table to Shane

"Wait..." I continued

The stress of the day was starting to get to me, and with that comes a shit ton of over stimulation, anger, breakdowns and other things.

"Ugh it's not fucking working," I stomped my foot

The tablecloth wasn't looking right and it was starting to get to me.

"It's okay baby, take a deep breath go sit down and I'll sort this out," Shane said softly from beside me

He had always known how to deal with my outbursts which is one of the many things I loved about him. He fully understood me. But unfortunately that understanding would not be very helpful today.

"No, I have to fix it but it doesn't look how I fucking want it too," I said feeling the stress and anger pilling up that would eventually turn into tears and frustration.

"It's okay baby, breath, take a break and come back to it," He replied

"Okay," I smiled and took some deep breaths trying to calm myself down

When I was in one of these states it was very easy for Shane to tell whether I needed vocal comfort or physical comfort. Unfortunately that was found out from several fights, lots of explanations and tons of snapping. Today was one of those vocal comfort days and Shane could tell.

"Hey kids hows it going in there!?" Dave yelled out

"It could be better!" I yelled laughing a bit to try make myself feel better

"It's gonna be okay baby," Shane spoke from beside me

"I know it's just...stressful," I sighed

He rubbed my back reassuringly and lead me into the backyard where ours dads were, they were lounging around while talking about practically anything they could.

"You kids need help with anything?" Dave asked

"No dad, and even if we did you aren't allowed to help." I spoke sternly

"Okay," He smiled giving into the fact that because today was his day he would not be helping

"Is Shane being helpful?" Taylor questioned

I laughed and Shane just held his hand up to his heart feigning hurt and scoffed.

"When am I ever not helpful,"

"Always," Taylor and I replied

"But surprisingly yes he is being helpful," I contiued

Shane lightly smacked my arm in offense and I just smiled at him.

"I hate you," he muttered with a grumpy look on his face

"You love me really," I replied patting his cheek and walking off to check the barbeque

Daves POV:

"I hate you," Shane muttered

"You love me really" Evelyn said patting his cheek and walking off

Shane followed close behind. I turned to Taylor.

"They're dating right?" I asked him

"100%" he responded

"I mean like they have to be, the way they interact with eachother and how they never leave each others sides, they're in love I tell you."

Taylor nodded

"Exactly, like they are so attached to each other, it's insane"

"Right?"

God they were so in love if only they'd admit it. I honestly might wish for that today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Evelyn's POV:

The day went by quickly and soon the Grohl residence was filled with close friends and their children.

I stuck by Shane for the start of the evening and then started to break off from him a little bit intot he night deciding that I needed to be independent. In doing so I met up with a couple of the other kids that I hang out with on tour.

The night was going pretty well and dinner had been served on a series of tables to fit everyone and everything. Everyone found a place and the table and helped themselves to the assortment of foods. I sat next to Shane with Violet on my right and Eamon infront of me. We sat, ate, talked and caught up for ages, while we talked I felt something rest on my thigh. I looked at my thigh and then to the person holding it. Shane was looking down at me. 'Is this okay?' He mouthed. I'm pretty sure I was a tomato at this point but I simply nodded yes and turned back to the conversation.

Word count: 825

A/N:  and thats where the motivation ends. HIIIII EVERYONE, IM BACK and I have some pretty big announcements so yeah thats fun.
Number 1: I started writin a second Shane fanfic called 'Townie' and it should be coming out soon which is really exciting
Number 2: I have an announcements and recomendations book so if you want to recommend a story or to see announcements or updates then that will all be there
And number 3: I will be writing different fanfics of different people series musicians and just stuff in genral so if you want to check that stuff out then go for it I'd really love the support.
ANYWAY Thats all I really hoped you enjoyed this chaoter and I will try update more as much as I can. BYEEEEE