Chapter 14

The cake had finished baking and I took it out of the oven.

"Baby don't burn yourself," Shane said from the bench

I insisted that I didn't need him to take the cake out as I was perfectly capable and didn't need to rely on him for everything.

"I won't Shane I told you I'd be fine," I sighed

He was only looking out for me but I still wanted him to believe that I was capable of doing things for myself.

"I know I just..." He trailed off

I got the first cake out of the oven and put it on the metal bench and quickly went over and put the second one in.

I closed the oven door and took off the oven mits and placed them back on the counter.

"See? No burns," I held up my hands and turned them over repeatedly

He only smiled softly, looking into my eyes. He really didn't want me to get hurt, huh?

"What do you want to do for the next... 43 minutes?" I questioned looking at the timer on the microwave

"I'm not sure but..." He said standing up and walking towards me

"I quite liked what happened upstairs," He pulled me in by my waist looking down at me

My heart fluttered. Dear god this man is the king of flustering people isn't he?

"Shane my families home," I replied softly

"And?"

"We agreed to keep it a secret,"

"And we are," He said pulling me even closer

My face was practically at its melting point it was so hot.

I'm sure if I really had an issue with it then he would have already backed off but this boy can read me like an open book.

He leaned in slow enough so that if I wanted to pull away I could, but when I didn't he leant all the way in and put his lips on mine. It was still a shock even though I knew what was happening but once I got over it I kissed him back. It was a wasnt as rushed as the first time which was weird as we were out in the open and anyone could walk in at any time.

We pulled away and he kept looking down at me.

"You're cute," He said randomly with a smirk

My face flushed immediately. I guess I was not going to get used to that anytime soon. He had to have training in this or something because he keeps flustering me and I cannot let that slide.

"You're hot," I got out of his grip and went upstairs to get my art supplies leaving him completely dumbfounded

Once I had gotten all of the supplies I needed for the card I was making for my Dad I walked downstairs and rejoined Shane in the kitchen who seemed to be semi-recovered.

I sat down at the bench on a bar stool and set up everything I needed before cutting the card. Shane sat down next to me and just watched as I measured the lengths that I needed and cut them. I was fortunate to have gotten the arty creative side of the family but that unfortunately came along with the ADHD so I rarely finished the projects I started, but I refuse to let this project go so I pulled up spotify and put one my playlist that always got me motivated and started to get going.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I didn't even hear the timer go off but when I looked up Shane was pulling the cake out of the oven.

"Shane I could've done that," I said a little disappointment evident in my voice

"I know baby but I know how much you hate being distracted when you're doing something important," He smiled walking over to me and kissing me on the top of the head

He knew me a little to well, it was kind of scary.

I smiled and got back to my card. I only had one thing left to do and then I was done, and that was glue everything together. This was my favorite part but I knew that if I fucked it up I'd probably have a meltdown. I've had very few major meltdowns but Shanes been there for majority of them and he knew how to calm me down.

I uncapped the gluestick and applied it evenly on one piece of card and carefully placed it on the other I made sure it was in the right place and then moved onto the next. I continued until all the pieces were glued onto the right places and then let it sit.

"Okay all done," I smiled, I actually liked it

"Now we leave cause if I look at it for too long I will end up hating it,"

"Babe it looks great, you worry for nothing," Shane said from beside me

"Thank youuuu," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went back up to my room

Word count: 833

A/N: Hey guys I think I might stick to doing shorter but more frequent updates while I'm recoverig if I can but I hope enjoyed it. Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been focusing on not dieing lmao. Byeeeee