Chapter 18

The next morning was a nice change from the chaotic one from the day before. I woke up to Shane softly playing with my hair.

"Morning," I smiled sleepily

"Good morning," He grinned

"How long have you been up?" I asked

"Not long,"

"You tired?" He asked 

"Mm, a little bit," I yawned

He chuckled, it was only then that I realized that my head was on his chest. The vibrations of his laughter shaking my head a little bit.  

"I like being near you," I smiled softly

"Yeah?"

I nodded and hid my face in his chest as I felt my neck getting hot from the realisation of what I just said. I felt his hand slide under my chin and lift my head up to meet his eye.

"I like being near you too," He said before planting a soft kiss on my lips

I instantly welcome the kiss as my body relaxes under his touch. His hand moves to my cheek while the other trails down to my waist as he pulls me closer. I am pulled back to my senses when I hear my door open and a small gasp sounds from the hall.

I immediately sit bolt up and stare at the person who caught me and Shane.

It was my sister. Violet.

"Shit, Vi it's not what is looks like. Well it is but- fuck," I rambled before giving up and flopping back down onto my bed curling into Shanes side

"So..." Vi starts

"I'm glad you guys finally grew some balls and got together," She laughs a little, obviously still shocked from what she walked in on

I blushed turning beat red "did everyone expect us to get together?" I mumbled

Vi shrugged "probably, anyway, do our parents know or?"

I shook my head "Not yet, please don't tell them,"

She noded "Of cause not, just... Tell them soon because they'll find out by themselves if you don't," she said with a soft smile

I noded and she left closing the door. I truned to Shane and he looked so red.

"That was gonna happen sooner or later," he chuckled a bit

I laughed a bit as well "Yeah, I guess so,"

"Do you wanna go down stairs?" He asked

I noded and got up and chucked a hoodie on, a hoodie that just so happened to be Shanes.

He smirked at me when he saw the hoodie "So thats where it went," he laughed

I blushed and hid my face "I have no idea what you're talking about," I smiled

He wrapped his hands around my waist from behind and rested his head on my neck.

"Mhm, okay," he hummed

I just held onto his arms and leaned back against him. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes before deciding to go downstairs.

We got downstairs and saw Dave, Jordyn, Allison, and Taylor talking while my dad was making coffee.

"Morning," Shane and I said at the same time

The others had different smirks on their face and replied with an array of mornings.

I went over to my Dad "Father dearest," I joked while the others continued their conversation

He laughed "Yes E, how can I help?"

"Can I have a coffee," I asked rubbing the sleep from my eye

He smiled and poured me a cup and looked at Shane, silently asking if he wanted one too. Shane noded with a thank you as he poured him one too.

"So, how'd you two sleep," Allison smirked from where she was sitting

I went beat red.

"Good, still a little tired tho" Shane replied sipping his coffee not realising she was teasing

Allisons smirk grew as she heard his response. "What were you two doing that would make you tired in the morning?"

Then he started blushing realising what she said and just stared at his coffee in embarrassment.

The four adults laughed and I just pat Shane on the back. He looked at me embarrassed and then looked down. I just laughed a little.

The laughter died down and everyone started their own conversations while Shane and I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, Shane sat next to me and I curled up into his side holding my coffee.

"You tired?" He asked looking down at me and I noded

He laughed a bit and put his hands around my waist pulling me into him more.

I just snuggled into him and sipped my coffee, barely paying attention to what was playing on the TV. Little did we know our parents could see us and they were smiling at how comfortable and cute we were with eachother.

Word count: 857

A/N: Hi guys Im so sorry for the lack of updates its just been a hectic last few months as I had to have surgery and that took ages for me to recover and Ive been trying to get out of a reading slump Ive also been preping for exams so everything's just really busy for me but I'll try and update more often now that its the holidays. Bye :).