Safe

Summary: Phoebe has always come to your family's restaurant when and if she's run away from a foster home or escaped prison. It's her safe place, and you are her safe confidant.

A/n: IN THIS YOU ARE INDIAN AND THIS IS A TIMEPASS CHAPTER
——

Phoebe ran for her life, backpack hitting against her shoulders as she leapt over fences and low stone walls. Her main aim was to get to her safe house.

She finally caught sight of the little restaurant, with its brightly lit sign and few customers. Above it was a small house, with flowers growing at the windows and it's exterior brightly painted.

She checked over her shoulder to make sure she lost the cops and burst in, startling the occupants of the restaurant.

You leapt over the counter and hugged your girlfriend tightly, saying, "Looks like someone's on the run again."

"Phoebe!" Laughed your mother, smiling brightly at her. "Have a seat in the booth at the back, I'll fix you something." She looked at your older brother and said, "Get the curry heated and ask your sister to boil some rice."

Your father came out from the kitchen, wiping his hands on a dish towel, smiling warmly at Phoebe, who was anxious and trembling.

"N/n, get her something warm to drink," said your father. "She's trembling like she's seen a ghost."

"On it," you nodded. "I'll bring out some hot chai. You came at the right time, cause I was about to have some anyway."

"I'm in deep shit this time," sighed Phoebe. "If I'm caught, then it's game over for me. I won't come back here."

"Ah, don't worry, dear." Said your grandmother, handing her a plate which had a samosa on it. "If they ask for you, we will protect you, okay? Now eat this, Arjun's only just finishing up with the curry."

"Thanks, Nani," smiled the girl, biting into the warm samosa. "Did this just come out of the pan?" She asked, mouth full of food.

Your grandmother nodded and called for your sister, who brought out a plate of steaming rice.

"Thanks," sighed Phoebe. "You guys are literally the nicest people ever."

"No problem, beti," you're mother grinned, spooning generous amounts of curry onto the rice. "You're basically family."

"Ma, if she's family, then that makes her and I dating a little gross," you sighed, placing a cup of chai in front of your girlfriend.

The customers steadily emptied out, and Phoebe had already finished her food. She then was taken upstairs to your family's little apartment, when the cops suddenly turned up.

Phoebe's eyes went wide and she darted up the stairs to your little loft room. You hastily hid her under your bed and placed a finger in your lips, gesturing for her to be quiet.

You, your brother, and your sister crept down the stairs to see some officers standing at the counter, with your parents and grandmother talking to them.

You felt your heart rate pick up when the officers noticed the stairs and asked, "Is there a unit upstairs?"

"Yes, but that's not ours," chuckled your father. "We live a few blocks down."

"Okay, then. Sorry to bother you, Mr. And Mrs. L/n," sighed the female officer. "If you see this girl, let us know, okay?"

"Don't worry, we will," laughed your mother. The second the officers turned and left, she muttered, "Besharam kutte jaise log..." (Shameless dog-like people.)

"Kids, bed. Now isn't the time to snoop. Aisha, you have tea duty tomorrow, Arjun, you're in charge of breakfast, and you, Y/n, will be on kitchen duty," said your father.

"Got it, Papa." You said, dashing up the stairs. You clambered up the ladder to your little loft room and ushered Phoebe from under the bed.

"They're gone," you grinned. "You're safe now."

"Damn," she breathed, lying down on your bed. "What a rush."

You lay next to her and held her tightly, knowing she liked to feel embraced. She let her hands rest on yours as she leaned into your reassuring touch, slowly falling asleep as well.

——
This is nice, not bad.