CHAPTER EIGHT

After Aarag met with his brother and the headmaster, he grabbed his robe from his apartment, and headed into the city.
Aarag Pulled the hood of his robe over his head against the chill wind, as he hurried through the streets of Malakai. He avoided making eye contact with strangers or, worse encountering someone from the Xioalin order. He had been living in the future, consorting with the dark underworld of the galaxy to find the answers he was seeking.
   Aarag had never truly cared for Malakai. He didn't like the ancient buildings, the public squares, it's thousands and thousands of residents the city took in every year. A bunch of species without a planet to call home, stragglers traveling through the galaxy, orphans taken in by the Xioalin. It all disgusted Aarag to the point of irritation, however he played his part of being the caring and thoughtful failauga or speaker he appeared to be.
   Aarag's destination was in the eastern portion of the city, a short walk from his apartment.
   He arrived at a brick wall. He felt around on the bricks, pressing a brick inward. The wall swung open revealing a secret room behind. Once he was behind the wall, it closed.
    Inside the room was tubes of water, strange things floating inside. Examination tables with white sheets covering failed abominations.
    Working on one of the tables, tools going into an alien, a Xioalin known as Detroi was staring closely at a body.
    "What took you so long?" Detroi said. "You know you are better then me at this."
    "Steady hands, Detroi," Aarag said. "Steady hands."
     "There are some things that even a Xioalin dont have."
     Aarag put on gloves and took over the tools, continuing the work. Detroi took off his gloves, and stepped to the side.
    "I managed to find out some good news about our problem." Detroi said. He pulled a scroll from his side pocket. "This is the map to Thalox. The place to the 'Cerdoria spell'. The temple they resided in has been lost to time... finding it will be challenging."
    "You can sense dark energy cant you? If we go to Thalox you should be able to sense where it is. My dream is finally in reach and i wont let it slip through my hands because of something so trivial." Aarag said.
   Detroi let a smirk creep across his face.
    "How do you know it hasnt been destroyed? The text say when the Xioalin raided, they completely wiped them out."
    "I guess we will soon find out, wont we."
    "When should we leave?" Detroi said.
    "As soon as we are able. If this works I won't have to get my hands dirty anymore with these experiments. It's safe to say, there is no way to extract someone's magical presence from their spirit. The cerdoria spell is the only way."