FOURTEEN, a bag of thank you popcorn

chapter fourteen, a bag of thank you popcorn
( that's a thank you for the other night.
it's your favorite. good catch. )

BUFFY LIED TO THE POGUES ABOUT HOW SHE GONNA BE WORKING LATE TONIGHT AND NOT WAIT UP FOR HER. She was actually going to the kook party and didn't want to deal with all of the arguing and protest from them. Buffy never officially told Mason she was going to the party since she been busy all day and even if she could the power was out on the cut anyways. She thought it would be a nice surprise. Buffy was on riding her bike over to the kooks house. Buffy stomach drop when she saw the house come into her view. She was super nervous about this party but continued on. She finally got to the house the sound of loud music filled the area.

Buffy put her bike against the gate "This is just like any other party you've been to." She mumble to herself has she made her way into the house. Everyone was looking at her weirdly as she pushed through the crowd. Buffy ignored the stares as she looked for Mason. Until someone bumped into her spilling they're drink all over her. "What the fuck?" Buffy said she was wipe off the drink from her face.

"Watch where your going bitch. You made me spill my drink-" Rafe stopped himself realizing who it was. "Buffy?!? What's a pogue doing here?" Rafe questioned the smell of coke made Buffy scrunch her face.

"I was invited asshole. Why don't you just go back to doing coke?" Buffy stated has she turned to walk away but he roughly grabbed her wrist pulling him towards her.

"You don't think you can talk to me like that and get away it." Rafe said in a low voice something about him has changed. "Don't you ever say any shit like to me again. You hear me?" Rafe questioned, Buffy let out a shaky breath making him loosen his grip. She quickly pushed away from him racing upstairs to find a place to try to figure out what just happened not noticing an angry Topper stomping his way downstairs.

Buffy finally found a room walking straight into the room. She look at herself mirror her crop top was stained and she reeked of alcohol. "What the fuck just happened?" She mumbled to herself has she try to fix herself up. Buffy then heard quiet sobbing comings from the other side of bed where she couldn't see. She stood up a little to see blonde girl sitting down with their head to their knees. "Hey are you okay?" Buffy questioned walking over to the over sides and the blonde girl lifted up her to reveal it was Sarah.

Sarah straight her up and wiped the tears from her cheeks. "I'm fine can you get out?" Sarah questioned crossing her arms still sitting on the floor.

"If i have known you were in here I wouldn't have even walked into this room." Buffy informed looking down at the girl. "What are you doing in here crying by yourself? And why is bikini top undo? Is it because of Topper? Did something happen between you two?" Buffy questioned making Sarah quickly tie her bikini top.

"That's actually none of your business" Sarah stated has her eyes gotten watery thinking about what just happened with Topper. "Can you leave, please?"

"Did Topper hurt you or something?" Buffy asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"No! Why do you care? I thought you hated me?" Sarah questioned making Buffy drop her arms.

"I do hate you but i'm not a terrible human being. I'm not just gonna leave a crying girl on the floor, who only wearing a bikini at a party without wondering if they need help, even if that person you." Buffy shouted making Sarah look down at the ground. Buffy stared at Sarah for a moment making her sigh "Do you want me to get one of your friends or something?" Buffy questioned making Sarah look quickly shake her head.

Sarah stood up grabbing her cover up "I don't need any help not from you." Sarah sneered has put her cover up on. Sarah went walking over to the door but she was stumbling around. She stopped  holding on a dresser for support.