EIGHTEEN, a breath of fresh air

chapter eighteen, a breath of fresh air
( hey, sarah! you having fun
with my brother ? )

BUFF WAS WEARING LONG LIGHT YELLOW TIE-STRAP MIDI DRESS. She had her hair down with beach waves with a flower crow. Buffy followed behind Kiara who was walking towards Pope. "Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kiara asked Pope in a fake british fake british accent with a huge grin on her face. Pope frowned before turning around to see it was just Kiara and Buffy.

"Cause it might mess up our costumes." Buffy stated in a fake british accent stepping beside Kie making the three chuckle.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Pope continued having a fake british accent as-well. Kiara and Buffy stepped beside Pope, "that accent was bad." Pope stated making Kiara nod in agreement.

"Yeah it was, I was just gonna let it go." Kiara informed him making Buffy slightly laugh.

"You ever seen this many kooks in one place?" Buffy questioned looking out at all of kooks at a the party.

"Yeah. Last year." Pope answered going back to work.

"We're in the lions den." Kiara stated Buffy was looking at Topper, Kelce and Mason talking together.

"That's why they have alcohol." Buffy informed her showing Kiara the glasses of champagne she had picked up. Kiara smiled has Buffy handed one of the to Kiara. "I think I could get you one Pope. There free." Buffy said making Pope shake his head chuckling.

"No, it's fine... Hey, have you guys heard from Jj?" Pope questioned looking over at the two.

"No." Kiara stated looking down at the ground. "He'll be all right. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach." Kiara stated making Pope sigh.

"- It's all my fault."

"Uh— you didn't do this, Pope. Topper almost killed you, Remember?" Buffy reminded him but before he could answer everyone began clapping.

That's when the cameron's exiting the house making Buffy finish her champagne as soon as she saw Sarah. "Here come Lord Capital and the Exploiters." Kiara said watching the Cameron's.

"She's gonna poke someone eye out with that." Pope stated has Buffy went over to the waiter snatching another champagne glass, this was gonna be a long night.

IT WAS NOW DARK OUTSIDE AT MIDSUMMERS AND BUFFY WAS NOW SLIGHTLY DRUNK LAUGHING WITH KIE. Buffy turned to Kiara "I think i need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Buffy stated grabbing her glass of champagne stumbling around. Buffy pushed her way threw the crowds not able to find her way inside. She thought she probably have to go around to the back. "Shit." Buffy mumbled the cruse before turning her heels Buffy took another sip of champagne has she walked towards the bag drop.

Buffy saw a two figure getting closer she realized it was John b making her smile. She was going to say something but she realized who he was with. Buffy gotten closer to see it was no other then Sarah Cameron. Buffy heart dropped has she bent down we're they couldn't see her. So many emotions came over Buffy anger, betrayal, jealousy and sadness. She didn't know exactly why she felt sad and jealous. I mean she hates Sarah, hates her. But she pushed those feelings away it only lasted for a few seconds before she saw them hug.

Buffy eyes starting tearing up, " god I'm pathetic." Buffy thought has she stood up managing not being seen by them. Buffy threw her empty champagne glass on the sand with tears rolling down her cheek. Buffy fell over way to many times on the sand making it back to the party.

Buffy wiped the tears off her cheek before walking up to an older women. "You don't mind, do you?" Buffy questioned not even letting the lady answer before grabbing her drink and chugging it down. "Thank you Miss." Buffy said walking away from the women. Buffy slowly made her way to Sarah. Buffy bumped into many people causing them to scoff and stare at her but she didn't care.

Mason happened to be near Buffy he quickly made his way over towards her. "What the hell are you doing?" He whispered looking over at Buffy who just rolled her eyes.

"Going to have a little chat with Sarah." Buffy tried to go over to Sarah but Mason blocked her.

"I thought you hated her. What the hell are you even doing here?" He questioned making look up at the boy.

"I do hate her and I hate you too. I don't think it's really any of your business but I was invited here." Buffy answered again trying to go to Sarah but Mason blocked her again making Buffy stumble back. "What the hell do you want?" Buffy questioned making Mason slightly smirk that made Buffy stomach turn.

"I want you." Mason stated making Buffy cringe, she was definitely over this and unimpressed.

"Smooth... but if you say that again i might vomit on you." Buffy replied making Mason let out a slightly chuckle.  "You probably doing too much crack to remember but you literally beat the shit out of my friends. Topper almost killed Pope, huh? Did you forget about that?" Buffy informed him making stiff, looking around to make sure no one else heard. Mason didn't say anything making Buffy chuckle "yeah that's what i thought." Buffy said pushing pass Mason but he grabbed her wrist pulling her back. "Get the fuck off me!" Buffy screamed pushing with all of her strength away.

Mason ended up falling back landing on a waiter that made him spill all of the drinks on the tray on the floor. Everyone heads turn to her even Sarah Cameron. Buffy looked up at Mason parents staring at her and yeah she was definitely fired. Buffy didn't care right now all she wanted to do was to yell at Sarah. Buffy shrugged off all the stare making her way towards Sarah. "Hey, Sarah! You having fun with my brother?" Buffy questioned making Sarah face drop.

"What-" Sarah tried to say but Buffy cut her off.

"Don't try to act all-" Buffy stopped when the security guards grabbed her from behind. "Hey! What are you doing?" Buffy struggled to get out of the grip just making them tighten around her arm has they dragged her out.

Buffy crossed paths with Jj who was also getting dragged out by security. "It's okay, everybody do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform." Jj shouted getting everyone attention clapping looking up at see Buffy. "Oh, hey Buffy! How you doing?" Jj questioned pushing the guard off him.

" Honestly! This is the best I've been all night!" Buffy yelled sarcastically with a huge bright smile on her face making Jj slightly laugh looking over at the guard.

"Hey! Have you guys never been taught to never lay your hand on a women? Come on, guys!" Jj stated making the guards let loose of her. Buffy smiled at making him smile and nod his head before the guard started pushing him. "Let's, hear it for them, Rose! You look like lady liberty!" Jj stated making Buffy burst out laughing.

"Oh my god! That's what she reminds me off." Buffy continued to laugh has the guards started pushing her out as well. Buffy saw another drink in someone hands she grabbed it out of the person hand. "Thank you! I'm really gonna be needing this more then you tonight." Buffy informed them before finishing the drink in one sip.

"Let go of them!" Kiara yelled her making everyone turn to look at her. "You can't just boot them!" Kiara yelled her parents tired to stop her but she wasn't listening to them.

"Really?" One of the guards questioned looking at the two then back at Kiara.

"I invited them here. I'm a member of this club." Kiara stated all of the guards listen to the girl making them loosen the grip on Buffy and Jj. Buffy and Jj looked at each other nodding before
both of them pushed the guards off of them and making them all fall break some glass.

"Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie." Jj yelled pointing at Kiara then turning to Pope. "Pope, you as well right?" Jj stated making Buffy furrow her eyebrows.

"Rixon's Cove. Let's roll." Jj stated running off Buffy stayed back looking at the teens who weren't moving.

"That means move your asses!" Buffy shouted following behind him but she stopped when she saw John B and she shove passed him. Kiara and Pope came following along. Pope came up hugging her making her laugh. Then all of the Pogues started running out into the night.

authors note

it's friday finally!! this school week is finally
over. i'm honestly so excited for summer
you guys have no idea. i literally have so
much stuff i want to get and have
summer pinterest boards too. you guys
probably don't want to hear about that. 💀
anyways hope you all are having amazing night,
morning, or afternoon!!!