12 || The Tommo Pt.2

Present time...

Louis wanted to apologise to Faith for what happened, but the internal battle in his mind and heart was too great a burden that thinking about standing in front of her gave him cold feet. He couldn't possibly say sorry for kissing her and succumbing to his desires. He didn't want to lie.

After the kiss - that one kiss that gave him sleepy nights and awakened carnal desires and thoughts about falling in love and hoping for a different future other than the path he thought was set out for him... Louis didn't feel bad about it at all. He didn't feel guilty, as if he knew it was supposed to happen. Besides, he thought, he had a few more months to stay here. It was a great opportunity to get to know her better.

Louis wondered if it was okay to be a free man until he went back home to Doncaster. What if Faith really had to happen so he can learn something new?

What if... What if he wasn't supposed to be a priest?

Louis never thought he'd dwell on those doubts, but before he can resolve anything himself, it was Faith who approached him the next afternoon. He sighed a breath of relief when she stood in front of him with that shy smile that reminded him that the kiss really happened. His heart sped up, his stomach twisted with butterflies.

"Hey," he said easily, flashing her a smile of his own.

Faith bit her lip then, her eyes zooming in on his lips, but she probably caught herself doing that and immediately diverted her gaze. "Tommo... I mean Louis. I think we need to talk."

More kisses, perhaps?

Louis wasn't going to deny it any longer. He was expecting her to ravish him, wanted her to take control and just have her way with him. Thinking about her lips that were soft as rose petals made him want her more than ever. The memory of her body warm against his drove him to the edge of giving up all reason.

Louis expected a lot of things, but he didn't expect what was going to happen next, right in the place where they first met.

"I'd like to apologise," Faith began, her gaze at the flowers. "I know what happened the other day was a mistake. We were both... stressed."

Louis thought otherwise, so he told her. His confidence was overflowing. "I've been wanting to kiss you since I met you. I don't think that's a mistake." Her cheeks visibly flushed in front of him, and Louis wanted nothing more but to feel it with his fingertips.

"We're not thinking clearly," she said. "I think I have an idea how you feel about me. And this whole... physical thing is getting in the way."

Was she suggesting that they...?

"But we can't let that dictate over our actions, can we? God knows I want to..." Faith sighed and looked away. "Look, Rose needs me right now. And hooking up with a hot guy wasn't the reason why I'm here, Louis. I was serious when I told you I had to deal with stuff. On my own. If I give in to you right now, it would... We'd both get hurt. We'd both regret it. And I feel so bad for putting you in this position. Aren't you even angry at me for always teasing you?"

Why hadn't he ever told her off or warned her to stop? "Because I want you," he whispered, answering his doubts. "I don't think I've ever felt this way for anyone else..."

"Exactly," she replied. "You might be into me for the wrong reasons. I'm not saying your feelings are invalid, because I know I'm starting to feel things, serious things for you, and... It's just too soon. We've got so much to think about before we jump into whatever this is. Are you even sure you're willing to give up being a priest for me?"