25 || Music & Lyrics

A commotion outside had woken up Louis. He almost panicked when he realised that he slept in, and immediately put a shirt over his head. He must have spent a rather long time walking outside - and swimming the whole day yesterday must have knocked him out when he got to bed. He didn't even want to consider the stress that had led him to call his mum. At least, he thought, as he opened the door, I got to talk to her. I really missed mum and I should call her more often.

As the morning sunlight hit his face, so did the particular aroma of food. Frowning, Louis heard squealing in the dining area, and he found himself walking faster than usual. When he reached his destination, a vision of red and yellow greeted him. The kids were running around with either fast food toys, balloons and fried chicken drumsticks in their hands.

"Jollibee?" Louis wondered aloud, wondering if a visitor was around. All the residents were already up, but Faith was nowhere in sight. Maybe she was still in her room sleeping too. His mouth watered and his stomach grumbled at the luscious whiff of spaghetti and burgers. His feet automatically guided him to the huge dining table. Who would have ordered the fast food party that made all the kids go nuts?

Grabbing a random burger on the table, Louis unwrapped it and took a bite. Ahhh, he thought contentedly. He was looking around until he saw two Jollibee staff carrying a bunch of ice cream sundaes to the table. Behind them followed none other than Niall himself. "Niall?"

"It's my birthday!" Niall exclaimed. "And I decided to celebrate 'ere!"

Surprised, Louis gave him a hug. "Happy birthday, mate! You didn't even tell me yesterday, I didn't get you anything."

"It's about giving today, so I'm all good."

"God bless you, mate. And wow, the kids love Jollibee. How did you know?"

"I texted Faith last night when I got home," Niall said. "She said Jollibee is like a traditional thing with the kiddos."

"Well, thank you," Louis said, taking another bite of his burger. "I must say, this is way more food than necessary."

"We'll eat it until dinner then."

"Only you would say that," Louis said. "I'm glad you decided to spend your birthday here. We're always glad to have you over."

"Oh, I know," Niall said with a grin. "That's why I'm staying."

Louis stopped chewing. "You're staying?"

"Surprise!" Niall exclaimed. "I already talked to Manang Mila. She said there was still room for me."

"There's always room for you, brother," Louis said. "For how long?"

"The entire summer until I have to go back home," Niall smiled. "I figured I'd have more fun here anyway. I hate being stuck in the mansion."

"Welcome to Rehoboth, birthday boy," Faith's voice interrupted the two of them. She had her hair down, and she looked like she just got out of bed. "Can I give you a hug as a birthday gift?"

"Since you're a pretty lady, it'll do," Niall said, and gathered her in his arms in a friendly bear hug.

Louis unconsciously cleared his throat, but Niall wiggled his eyebrows at him as he hugged her. "Niall's staying. Did you know?"

"Manang Mila just told me," she said, not really meeting his gaze.

"So what do I eat first?" Niall asked as he let Faith go, glancing at the array of food.

This man knew his priorities, Louis thought in jest.

"Go with the palabok if you want to try something new," Faith said, handing him a box. "Then Chicken Joy with rice. Then the glorious peach mango pies."