21 || Spaces

"It was all about the sex."

Louis gulped. He did not expect this. He thought they were going to discuss things in his pace, but he always seemed to underestimate her intensity. The moment he called her name to talk, it was the first thing that came out of her mouth. He wanted to say something, but what can he say now? That he was too jealous to even think about consoling her?

"I met him in Paris," Faith continued, her face straight as she began her tale, looking anywhere else but him. "We hit it off, fucked, lived together for two weeks until both of us had to leave again. Since then, he's been my on and off boyfriend. Well, he was, whenever we were together. I don't think I recall one day we haven't spent hours humping each other like rabbits."

Didn't he just get over the need to cry earlier? Louis's heart was twisting so hard in his chest, but then again, who was he to judge her? This was before they met, wasn't it? Besides, it wasn't like he was a blushing virgin himself. But if he tuned her out, he could just focus on the way she always looked so picture perfect in his little garden. But he knew he had to hear this. Faith wanted him to understand who she was. Her past. Hopefully, Zayn remained a part of her past.

Well, that's what Louis told himself because every single inch of his body wanted to cover his ears and run for the hills. Not that she was basically saying she was a borderline nymphomaniac, but because he couldn't bear to think of her with someone else. After having met Zayn, it was easier to imagine her with him (and come on, the guy was too pretty for his own good). It made his blood boil. Something inside him wanted to snap and punch a tree until it fell over, but he had to put his best friend hat on. He had to show her he can take it. That he was strong enough to accept all the parts of her, even those parts that drove him crazy.

"But he's a terrible cheat," Faith said dryly. "But I love him. Loved him. In my own way. I guess our body language more than made up for his lack of personality sometimes."

"Are you guys... still together?"

"What do you think?" she asked him, quite accusingly. "I broke it off before I returned here." She leaned back on the wooden bench and sighed. "In fact, he wanted to stay and do volunteer work too."

Be a friend. Be a friend. "But why?"

Faith narrowed her eyes at him. "Are you even listening to me? He's trying to win me back. Jeez, do you really want me to spell out everything for you?" 

"And what did you tell him?"

Grimacing at him, Faith stood up from the bench. Clenched fists on her waist, she shook her head. "Of course I told him it was a bad idea! What do you think will happen if I let him stay here? He'll be trying to get in my pants! But I told him that I couldn't because I'm in love with someone else."

Louis' ears perked. A smile tried to break the serious expression on his face, so he coughed and looked away. "You told him that?" All the frustration disappeared like it never happened. 1 Peter 4:8 flashed in his head, love does cover a multitude of sins.

Faith laughed out loud. In sarcasm, that is. "Fuck you, Louis. Stay the hell away from me." She was about to leave, but he tapped her shoulder. If looks could kill, he would have died. With love. "What?!"

Still, Louis found it hard to keep himself from grinning like an idiot over what she said. "I actually came to talk to you to borrow your phone." Well, now he did. So worth it.

"My phone?" She huffed. Faith took a step back to eye him from head to toe. She shook her head in disappointment. "You are the worst person in the world."

All he could do was smile sweetly at her. "Thanks. I think you're quite phenomenal too."

"Just shut up," Faith snapped, but pulled her phone from her pocket. "I'll wait here until you finish."