22 || Jealous

Louis was much aware of how the locals were staring at them. He didn't particularly care, but there was really something weird about being closely regarded when they were just eating food. It's as almost he and Niall were these aliens that had to be observed and analysed by the second. You'd think that the place being a tourist spot, they'd get used to seeing foreigners loitering about the place.

Then again, there was Niall. His presence was more than enough to block out the beautiful scenery of the lake beyond the restaurant's windy veranda.

His "date" was a bottomless pit of hunger, and judging from the stacked plates on their table, Niall was probably surprising everyone in town with his monstrous appetite. Louis ate a lot, but his friend took it to another level. They ordered a total of 8 main dishes -- Niall saying he wanted to taste everything because the cooks at the Mayor's home were always serving American or European cuisine. They haven't even started dessert yet because Niall wanted another round of the ginataang hipon (which was shrimp in coconut milk stew). Shamelessly, he scooped another serving of steamed rice and dumped it on his plate. He was ready to eat more and Louis found it so amusing that he lost his appetite. Louis mostly ate 1/4 of the viands while Niall devoured the rest.

"Hey, you're supposed to suck on these, remember?" Niall asked impatiently as he plucked an orange shrimp head from his plate. Without care in the world, he stuck it in his mouth and slurped loudly. He licked his lips. "This has got to be one of the best food I've ever had in my life, mate. I'm not even kidding."

I was going to eat that, Louis wanted to say, but he laughed instead. No wonder they were getting those curious glances from servers and customers alike. "If you still have the space, maybe we can go to another restaurant instead?"

Niall laughed. "But we must taste everything, Louis." He leaned back on his chair and rubbed his stomach. He sighed happily.

"Finally done?"

"I'm resting so I can eat the pork," Niall said, pointing to another dish. He burped out loud. "My rice is still hot." Raising his hand, he called their waiter. When the exhausted yet oddly happy man stopped by their table, Niall grinned. "Can I have the menu again, please? I need something sweet in a bit." Then his face changed. From complete joy, Niall looked like someone punched him in the gut. "Fugger." Eyes wide, he pressed his tummy. "I HAVE TO GO!"

It happened so fast, Louis was left staring at his empty seat as Niall rushed to the nearest restroom. After a few minutes, Niall was basically dragging himself back to their table. He was pale and sweating profusely. "Louis... help... me..."

Worried, Louis raised his hand. "Check please!"

______

"Your friend shouldn't have eaten the shrimp heads," Liam said, clearly worried over Niall who was crouched in pain in his bedroom. He handed Louis a couple of pills. "Give him one more pill after he goes to the bathroom again."

"I think," Louis said quite loudly as they entered the room. He placed the pills beside his poor bud. "Someone had a little too much to eat!" He laughed and tapped Niall's cold limp arm. "Mister Glutton, how are you holding up?"

"You want to know something?" Niall groaned from the bed.

"Are you dying?" Louis teased.

"It was worth it!" Niall said proudly. Glancing at Liam, he extended a hand. "Come closer, Liam, my new friend..."

"I think he is," Liam told Louis before taking Niall's hand. He held it like he would comfort someone in his deathbed. "Yes, Niall? Is there anything you need?"

"Thank you for saving me..."

Louis laughed. "I don't know whether I like this overly dramatic part of you, mate."