Leaving

"Izuku? The hell?" I was beyond confused. Izuku had walked by me without a word. He took the clothes he'd been keeping at my house, threw them in a plastic trash bag, and started to walk out, all without saying a word.

"Hey! Izuku! Don't ignore me." Izuku paused for a second, then shook his head and kept walking. "Look, if you're afraid I'm going to yell at you or something, I swear, I won't. I just want to know why you're leaving."

Izuku turned around with anger in his eyes. "Please stop. You're only making this more difficult. I'm leaving, and that's it. I'm sorry, Shoto. It wasn't you, honestly. But I have to leave."

Tears were pouring down both of our faces. "Izuku, please. Please don't leave."

He gave me a hug. "I'm sorry. I can't stay here. I love you so much, Shoto."

"I love you too." I hugged him tighter. "If you love me, why are you breaking up with me?"

He pulled away. "I'm not. I'm not breaking up with you. I'm going somewhere else. I can't stay here. I'm dropping out of UA, too. I'm sorry."

"Why are you leaving? I thought you wanted to be a hero!" I was crying. I didn't want to lose Izuku. "We were going to be heroes together."

He looked away. "I did want to be a hero, but I can't. I'm quirkless. I'll never be a hero, no matter how much I try." 

"Yes, you can! And even if you can't, you don't have to leave!" Suddenly, I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Oh, God, Izuku... You're not thinking of becoming a villain, are you?" When he didn't answer, I knew for sure I'd gotten it right. "No, no, no, oh, God, no. Please don't. Izuku, I... What if I had to kill you? Izuku, I can't do that!"

"You'll have to, Shoto."

That was when he turned around and walked straight out of my life. I didn't know at the time, but he would never return. At least, not the Izuku I knew before that day.

A/N I know this is poorly written! This is here for the people who wanted to reread an old story. There is a better version on my profile! I am literally begging new readers to read that instead. This is BAD. RANCID. Love you guys <3