The Bed Issue Becomes Relevant

Suddenly, I was running. I didn't know exactly why, but I was terrified. I kept running and running, too scared to look back, knowing it was going to be something horrible. Then I saw Bakugo. I ran to him, thinking it would be safe once I had him to protect me. He grabbed me by the shoulders. "Are you okay?"

I could hear Izuku getting closer. I tried to pull on Bakugo's arm so that he'd run. For some reason, I couldn't speak. I tried to yell at him to move, but there was no sound. He didn't move. He only looked at me, confused.

Then Izuku was there, blood on his hands. I knew that he must have been what was chasing me. Bakugo backed away from me. Izuku grabbed me by the neck and started to choke me. I coughed and struggled, but I couldn't get his hands off. Bakugo was trying to save me, but I couldn't breathe. I saw Bakugo start to cry just as everything went black.

I shot up, terrified. I looked around, my eyes adjusting to the dark room. I saw shadows on the walls. They seemed to move. I caught something move in the corner of my eye. I turned around to face it, and saw what looked like Izuku's silhouette. It was moving towards me. I closed my eyes. "It was just a nightmare." I whispered. "It's not there."

But telling myself that it was a nightmare didn't make him go away: I opened my eyes and he was closer than before. I moved away from him. I still couldn't see anything more than a shadow, and it terrified me. Tears began to pour silently down my face. My breathing sped up to beyond normal and I was light headed. My vision started to blur and darken. My breathing kept getting faster.

"Shoto? Shoto, look at me!" Bakugo was next to me. I couldn't look at him. I could hardly see anything and I couldn't think at all. He put his hands on my shoulders to try to get my attention, but all it did was raise panic in my chest. It was so similar to the nightmare. I tried to shove him away, but being so light headed and not being able to see, think, or breathe normally, I couldn't, and it only made me more scared. "Hey, you're okay. You're okay. Shoto, can you try to hold your breath? Hold your breath and count to ten."

I stopped fighting him. I held my breath and counted. I didn't look away from Bakugo. I didn't want to see the shadow again. When I got to ten, I took a shaky breath. My vision started to clear. I was breathing normally now.

"You're okay." Bakugo said quietly. "You're okay."

I nodded. "Thank you." I said just as quietly.

He wrapped his arms around me protectively. "It's nothing. What happened?"

"I had a nightmare." I whispered. "Then I woke up and thought I saw the same thing as in my dream."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"I was running away from something, and then I saw you. I tried to get you to run, so that you wouldn't get hurt, but you didn't understand me and I couldn't talk. Then Izuku got there and killed me."

He held me more tightly. "Please tell me I at least tried to save you."

"You did." My voice was shaky. "I'm sorry I woke you up. You should go back to sleep."

"You're right." He said, getting up. I thought that he would just go back to his bed, but he didn't. Instead, he picked me up and carried me over to his bed. He dropped down next to me and pulled the blanket over the two of us. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close.

I tensed and blushed. "W-What the hell?!"

"You had a nightmare, right? Well, since I couldn't protect you then, the least I can do is make you feel safe now."

"Y-You d-don't have t-to..." I stuttered. "I-I'm f-fine on m-my own."

"Yeah, but I feel better when I know you're safe." He said it in a way that told me it was final, and I wasn't getting out of this. I tried to relax and fall asleep, but I couldn't. After a few minutes, Bakugo sat up and pushed me so that I was lying on my back. He brushed the hair out of my face, "What am I going to do with you?" He asked.

"Sorry." I said, embarrassed. "You don't have to be so worried about me, you know."

"Yeah, well, you're always getting yourself into so much trouble." He leaned down so that he was only a few centimeters above my face. "Who else is gonna protect you?"

I looked into his eyes. "I can protect myself."

"Oh, can you?" He placed his hand gently over the patch on the side of my head. His face was closer to mine now. I could feel his breath on my lips.

I wanted to respond with something witty like I normally would, but I couldn't. His face was so close to mine... it was be so easy to just kiss him.

Suddenly, I felt his lips on mine. I wasn't sure which of us had closed the gap, but I kissed back. He put his hands in my hair, messing it up, and I had my arms around his neck. He leaned back after what was really only few seconds but seemed like forever. My face was burning and I was sure it was red, and his face was dusted red.

I looked away, embarrassed.

He turned my face towards him. "Don't look away. I want another kiss." He leaned down and kissed me hard.

When he pulled away this time, we were both panting. He tried to kiss me again, but one look at him told me things were going to go much further than a kiss. I stopped him. "We should probably get some sleep."

"Yeah, I know, but you're so cute I can't help it." He looked at me longingly.

"Well, learn to help it because, unlike you, I need sleep." I closed my eyes, hoping it would get him to shut up and go to sleep. If he kept trying, I'd cave in.

"Fine." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer so that my face was against his chest. "But I'm not letting you go at any point tonight and you're gonna be stuck with me when we get home."

I wrapped my arms around him. "That's fine with me. I was kind of already planning on following you around."

"Damn right you are. I'm not letting you out of my sight again. Now shut up and go to sleep."

I smiled and closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, I was asleep.