The Attacks

Both of our phones went off at the same time. We looked at each other after reading the message. It was from All Might, saying that a new criminal had appeared and he'd attacked someone.

The two of us rushed to the crime scene.

"What happened?" I asked. The person who had been attacked was a boy our age. He didn't seem to have any significance to Izuku, and the area around didn't seem to mean anything either.

All Might answered. "He was attacked with a knife. We would assume it was Himiko Toga, but her attacks were different. They never had that, and besides, she was arrested two months ago." He pointed to the wall near the crime scene.

It had two letters written in black marker. It read 'ST.'

"If it were her initials, it would've been HT." Bakugo pointed out. "And they're not that kid's initials. I know him- well, I knew him. He was friends with me in middle school."

After the general investigation, Bakugo pulled me aside. "That kid was one of my friends in middle school."

"So?" I asked.

"He was with me when I told Izuku to take a swan dive off the roof. He laughed when I said it. I apologized later, but still."

"Wait, you think it was Izuku?"

"Yeah." Bakugo seemed apprehensive. "I didn't want to say it in front of All Might and the investigators, but those are your initials."

I sat on the ground. Bakugo sat beside me. "Look," I started, "Izuku talked to me before he left. He didn't straight up say he was going to be a villain, but I guessed, and he never denied it. I didn't want to say anything at first, so I looked for him on my own. I never found him. But he told me before he left that he'd given up on being a hero. I just never thought he would go this far."

"We're going to have to tell someone." Bakugo realized. "Or we're going to have to find him ourselves."

Suddenly, we heard a scream. "Someone help! I- Oh, God, I think he's dead!"

We glanced at each other and ran towards the scream. A boy was lying face down on the ground. He didn't look alive at all. Next to his body were words. This time, it read, 'YOU CAN FIND ME NOW.'