There's Only One Bed

"You got rid of it last time you were here, remember? You said it was baby-ish."

He groaned. "I forgot about that. Do we still have the futon?"

"Yeah, but you can just let your friend sleep in your bed with you, right? I mean, it's not like anything's going to happen. You're both boys."

He turned to me. "Stay here." Then he turned and walked downstairs. I couldn't hear his conversation with his mother, except for the part where he loudly reminded her we were both gay, and she loudly reminded him no one was going to successfully make a baby either way so what did it matter?

After a couple of minutes he came back, his face red. "I hate my mom sometimes." He said, walking into his room. "I'm gonna set up the futon now so that we won't have to set it up later if we come back late at night."

"Do you want me to help?" I asked.

"Sure." He shrugged. "Dunno how you can help. It's just a futon."

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking at the ground.

He walked over to me and put one hand under my chin, making me look at him again. I blushed. His face was so close to mine. "I'm not mad at you. Don't be sorry."

"I, uh... sorry." I repeated, not knowing what else to say.

He moved so that our noses were almost touching. I could feel his breath on my lips. "Well, now that I've said not to be sorry, and you've said it again, I guess you must really want to be punished."

"Katsuki..." I said his name quietly, although I had no idea why I was saying it.

"What?" He asked, moving closer so that I could almost feel his lips against mine. "What do you want, Shoto?"

"I want you to stop."

"You said that last time. Guess you're pretty serious." He leaned in so that our lips touched for a second, then moved away and sat on his bed.

I covered my blushing face with my hands. "Please don't do that again."

"Aw, why not?" He stood up and walked past me. "I'm gonna go get the futon. I'll be back. Try not to get too lonely without me." He winked and walked out.

I leaned against the wall once he'd gone. "What the hell is he doing to me?" I mumbled to myself. When I woke up this morning, I thought I still loved Izuku. Maybe I'd been a little unsure, but at least I had an idea. Now I was clueless. I'd never felt like this with Izuku. I liked hanging out with him, but I realized I had never liked him in that way. I'd just never felt that way before, so I didn't know at the time. Maybe... maybe I was falling for Bakugo.

I shook my head. Thinking about it wasn't going to help. Bakugo came back a moment later. "Sorry I abandoned you for so long. My mom wanted to know why you were so soft spoken. She thought you were mute." Almost as an afterthought, he added, "I told her your name. So if she calls you Shoto, that's why."

He put the futon together in under a minute. "How'd you do that so fast?" I asked.

"Practice." He smiled slightly. "Eijirou used to sleep over all the time. Denki, too. I was putting this thing together and taking it apart at least twice a week." He stood up. "Well, we should get going. Grab a jacket. It can get cold here at night, and I don't know how late we'll be out."

"I didn't bring one." I said quietly. "It's late spring. I figured I wouldn't need one."

His smile grew. "Well, someone's never been to Hosu." He walked over to his closet and took out a gray pullover sweatshirt and a black jacket. He tossed the sweatshirt to me and pulled on the jacket. "Go ahead, put it on. It won't kill you."

I blushed and pulled the sweatshirt on. It smelled like Bakugo. I blushed harder, embarrassed that I knew what he smelled like in the first place. The sweatshirt was way too big for me, even though Bakugo was only a couple inches taller. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"Cute." He smile grew. "That sweatshirt was always a little big on me. I like it better on you, though."
I blushed even more, if that was possible. "Let's just go."

"Sure thing." He led the way outside. "I grew up here, so just follow me, okay?"

"Do you know where the League of Villains are?" I asked.

"I have a pretty good idea." He said. "But if I tell you not to follow me in somewhere, it's because I'm trying to keep you safe." He looked like he was thinking for a minute. "Even though you can take care of yourself, I probably won't leave you alone. You're safer with someone who knows his way around."

"I can take care of myself. I don't need you to babysit me." I said.

"I know you can. I never said you couldn't. I just said you'd be the safest with me."

"I know that. But I don't want you to feel like you're responsible for me."

He threw his hands and the air and turned to look at me. "Okay, Shoto, fine. If you wanna go looking for Deku alone, go ahead. Have fun." He turned around and kept walking.

I looked at the ground, ashamed. I hadn't meant to make him mad. No one had ever worried about me as much as he did. It was weird, and I didn't want him to worry about me. He needed to worry about himself and keep himself safe.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to go off alone. I didn't know my way around and I'd be lost in a couple minutes. But on the other hand, if I followed him, he might be angry that I'd put up a fight only to give up once I'd won. Normally, I wouldn't care if Bakugo was angry, and I wouldn't even care if I got lost, if only to prove a point. But right now, the last thing I wanted was Bakugo to be mad at me.

So I did the only thing I could. I followed him silently. If he noticed me, he didn't say anything. He was probably going to ignore me now, and try to leave me behind by taking twists and turns I wouldn't be able to figure out.

Lost in my anxiety filled mind, I didn't notice when Bakugo disappeared. I stopped, terrified. Had he actually run off and left me? Had we walked into the villain's base and he'd been captured? Had I missed it when he took a turn? I began to panic. My eyes started to tear up.

Suddenly, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned, ready for a fight, and saw Bakugo standing there. He took one look at me and gave me a tight hug. "Sorry, Shoto." He said quietly. "I didn't mean to scare you. I was screwing around. I noticed you were tense, I was trying to get you to chill. I'm sorry."

I hugged him tightly. "I thought you ran off and left me because you were mad. I didn't think you were coming back."

He ran his hand through my hair. "You honestly thought that after how I acted today I'd just leave you alone in a town you didn't know? At night?"

"I guess I did." I laughed quietly.

"Oh, how sweet." A voice rang out like a gunshot. I recognized it, but at the same time, it was completely new to me. "Forgetting me already?"