Return

I pulled away from Bakugo and we both looked towards the voice. There stood Izuku Midoriya, blood from this morning still on his hands and wearing a dark suit that was obviously his villain costume. He moved over to Bakugo and me and shoved me away from Bakugo. I fell to the ground. Bakugo tried to move to my side, but Izuku shoved him away too.

"I'm hurt, Shoto." He said nastily, walking closer to me. "Cheating on me? How rude."

"Stop it! You're the one who left me for three months!" Even though I wasn't cheating, it didn't seem fair that he could be mad at me.

"I did. And I did it specifically to hurt you. Everything went the way I knew it would, and Kacchan took my place. It's funny how perfect it was for him."

"Stop it. Leave him alone!" Bakugo said. I started to cry. He'd been trying to hurt me the whole time.
Izuku ignored him. "Why wasn't it obvious after a few weeks that I wasn't coming back?"

"It was! I just didn't want to believe it!"

He signed. "This is pathetic. Sometimes I wonder why I ever bothered with you. It was so hard to remind myself what the grand finale would be."

I glared up at him. "So why did you? What's this grand finale?"

Izuku laughed. "Well, wouldn't you just love to know? It had nothing to do with you. You were just a piece in the game Kacchan and I have been playing. You're the one we both want."

Bakugo was standing by now. "Shoto, don't listen to him! It wasn't like that! I swear!"

Izuku walked over to him and kicked him in the chest. Bakugo tried to block it but fell back. "Oh, shut up. It was exactly like that and you know it." I tried to go to Bakugo so I could make sure he was okay, but Izuku walked over and kicked me, hard. I coughed. He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me over to Bakugo, then slammed my head into the ground.

I was light headed and couldn't think. Bakugo stood in front of me while Izuku laughed. "I'll let you go for now. See ya." He walked away calmly.

Bakugo didn't go after him like I thought he would. Instead, he dropped down next to me, putting one hand under my head. "Sorry." He said quietly, slipping his other arm under my legs. He lifted me bridal style. I tried to get him to put me down, but he wouldn't. "Quit it. Your head's bleeding, idiot." I stopped fighting him, and at some point I passed out, because when I opened my eyes, we were at his house.

His mother was freaking out. "What happened?! Are you okay?! Is he okay?!"

"He'll be fine. Just get the first aid kit." He noticed I was awake. "Hey. Glad you're not dead."

"I'm fine. You don't have to hold me." I said quietly.

He shrugged. "Fine." He sat me up on the counter. "Sorry about letting him beat you up."

"Not your fault. I should have tried to defend myself."

"Sure thing." He rolled his eyes.

His mom came back with the first aid kit.

"Thanks mom. I can bandage him myself, so you can go." He said.

He took out peroxide and put some on a cloth, holding it gently to my head where it had hit the ground. It hurt a little, but not too much. I realized how close his face was to mine and instinctively I moved away slightly.

"Sorry, am I hurting you?" He stepped back a little, looking at me with concern.

"N-No... sorry." I mumbled.

"Then what's wrong?" He seemed genuinely concerned.

I looked away. "Nothing. Sorry."

He reached out to my face again. "Here, at least let me put a patch on that. I don't want you to get an infection."

I sat quietly while he put the patch on, nearly holding my breath. "Thanks." I said quietly when he'd finished.

"No problem." He smiled slightly. "I'm glad you're safe."

I blushed. Maybe I was falling for him. "I'm glad you're safe too."

"So..." He started, "Deku's changed a bit, hasn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Are you two still together or what?"

I laughed. "Were you even there?"

He laughed too. "I'm gonna take that as a really strong no."

"I kind of knew this would happen." I said. "I mean, he left to become a villain. What are the chances he would still care?"

"Pretty low." Bakugo agreed. "But it's like Floaty Girl said, I'm sure you've got someone who'll be there for you."

I slid off the counter so I was standing in front of Bakugo. I put my arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you."

"No problem." He said, hugging me. "We should probably go explain to my mom now. It's already pretty late."

I pulled away and looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost ten. "You're right."

He took my hand and led me over to the living room, where his mother was again waiting.

"So... Mom." Bakugo started. "I gotta tell you something before we can explain what happened. Shoto's boyfriend was Deku."

"He was?" She seemed surprised. "I had no idea."

"Yeah. And Deku... he commited a few murders this morning. So Shoto and I went looking for him. And when we found him, well, he found us. The first thing he did was shove us away from each other. I tried to help, but I couldn't. He kept taunting Shoto, and then he started hurting him."

"You got hurt too." I said quietly. "He kicked you."
Bakugo brushed it off. "It wasn't that bad, and besides, I blocked it."

"Katsuki, I can't believe you didn't tell me it was Izuku you were after. I would have tried to help you two." She shook her head. "I raised my son to protect the people he cared about. Go to bed, both of you. It's late."

"Okay, Mom. Sorry." Bakugo began to walk away.

She shook her head again. "Just don't let it happen again."

"Come on Shoto." He mumbled. "You need sleep."

I followed him up the stairs. "You say it like you don't need sleep."

"I don't. Sleep is for the weak." He joked. "Here." He tossed me a t-shirt and sweatpants. "You can use those as sleepwear."

"Thanks." I blushed. "Where's the bathroom?"

"It's the last door in the hall. On the left." He said. "You can just change in here. I have to go ask my mom something."

"Oh... okay." Once he'd left the room, I changed as quickly as possible.

He came back just as I was pulling the shirt on. "Sorry. Come on, let's get some sleep."

I didn't think I was as tired as I must have been, because I fell asleep almost as soon as I lied down.