Three Months Later

"Hey Shoto, how's it going?" Uraraka asked. Everyone was in a hero internship now, except, obviously, Izuku.

"It's going. How about you guys?" I asked, referring to Uraraka and Ida. They were together now, and seeing them so happy reminded me of when Izuku and I were like that.

"Tenya and I are good. He's upset about the whole thing with Stain and his brother, but I'm sure that we'll all work together to catch him!" She smiled. "But I want to know how you're holding up. You know, with Deku being missing and all."

I hadn't told anyone about Izuku being a villain. I hoped he was going to stick to petty crimes, if he even committed any, but there hadn't been any reports of it so far. "I'm okay." At first, it had been a lie. Just after Izuku left, I had been a wreck. After a week or two, though, it was true. I was actually okay with him being gone. I didn't know why, but I felt better now than I did when I'd been with Izuku.

"Alright, well. Just... If you need to talk, I'm always here and so is Tenya."

Bakugo and Shinso walked over just as she was saying that. Bakugo took one glance at the two of us and somehow knew exactly what was going on. "Yeah. I still can't believe they haven't found him yet."

"I hope he's okay." Shinso said. "I really do."

"He's probably fine!" Uraraka said quickly. "He got into UA without a quirk."

Bakugo looked away. "Yeah."

Soon enough, the other two left. Bakugo almost walked away with them, but I stopped him.

"Hey, Katsuki, can I ask you something?" I asked.

Bakugo shrugged. "Sure. What's your question?"

"When Ochako mentioned Izuku, you looked like you didn't really want to be talking about it. If something's wrong, you can talk to me, you know."

Bakugo sat down next to me. "Well... for a while before he left he was... I don't know. Different, I guess. He was mean. I know I was terrible to him for a long time, but he never acted like that. He told me he was going to do everything he could to take away everyone I loved."