Eleven Days Later

I opened my eyes, and closed them again. The lights were bright. I opened my eyes again, and this time was able to keep them open.  I laid in a hospital bed. To my left, there was a boy with spiky blonde hair sleeping, curled up in a chair. Who's he? I thought as I sat up, wincing in pain. My head was filled with a dull pounding, and my right shoulder hurt. What happened?

The blonde boy opened his eyes slowly. When he saw me, his face lit up. "You're awake!" He said, getting up to hug me. "God, I missed you." He pulled away to look at his apparent friend.

"Um... I'm sorry but... who are you?" I asked.

His face fell a bit. "You... you don't remember me?"

"Um... no. Sorry." I felt bad. This strange boy with the blonde hair seemed to care a lot, and in the back of my mind somewhere, I felt like I was letting down the most important person in my life.

The blonde walked to the door. "I'm going to get a doctor."

When the doctor came back, the boy wasn't with her. "Hi." She said.

"Hi." I gave her a small wave.

"So I hear you don't remember anything." She sat in the chair the boy had been in a few minutes ago. "Do you know your name?"

"Shoto, Shoto Todoroki."

"Do you know your birthday and your age?"

I thought for a second. "No, I don't. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. Can you think of anything else you know?"

"No."

"Okay. I'm going to check to make sure you can go home, which I'm pretty sure you can, and I'll call your dad."

"Okay. Thanks." I smiled. I didn't remember my dad, but I was fairly certain the hospital wouldn't let me leave with a stranger.

She smiled back. "No problem. It's my job." She got up and left the room. She came back with some normal clothes. "You're all set. You can change into these clothes, and your dad will be here to get you in a few minutes. He's on his way."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"No problem." She repeated and left the room again. I got up and changed into the clothes: a black t-shirt with a skull on it and jeans ripped three times. The clothes were a little big, and I paused for a second, wondered for a second if they were actually mine. I shook off the thought as irrelevant and put on the white socks and black sneakers.

I sat on the edge of the bed for a few minutes. A man came in. He was tall and had dark red hair. "Hi." I said.

"Hey. Um... you don't remember anything, anything?" He seemed nervous. "Like, anything at all?"

"No. Sorry."

"It's fine." He breathed a sigh of relief. What for, I would never know. I didn't want to. "Let's go home."

"Okay." I followed my father out of the hospital. It felt normal, somehow. Like everything was going to be okay.

As we were walking past the general waiting area, I saw the blonde boy. He was sitting alone. I waved to the sad looking blonde, and he waved back, whispering silent words. I couldn't read them, but me and my father left the hospital behind us and drove away.