The Calm Before The Storm

I woke up the next morning with Bakugo beside me. He was texting someone with one hand. His other arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

"Good morning." I mumbled.

"Morning." He turned off his phone and set it aside, sitting up. "We should probably get back home today. Then we can tell All Might about Deku."

"Why All Might?" I asked, sitting up, still half-asleep and confused.

"Because chances are All Might won't kill Deku the minute he sees him."

"Oh... okay." I leaned my head on his shoulder. "We should probably go get ready to go."

He rested his head on top of mine. "I know. I was waiting for you to wake up."

"Sorry. How long were you up?"

He checked the time on his phone. "Not that long. Just ten minutes."

"Okay. Do you have clothes I can borrow?"

He stood up and walked over to his closet, tossing me a t-shirt and jeans. "Here. You look cute in my clothes. Too bad you don't wear them more often."

I blushed and picked up the clothes. "Shut up."

"Make me." He said, smiling.

I walked over to him and tried to push him into the closet. He was taller than me, and, as it turns out, stronger, and my shoving had little to no effect on him.

"I'm shaking with fear." He joked. "You're terrifying. Absolutely terrifying."

I groaned. "I tried."

"I know you did. Get changed. We need to leave." He took some clothes of his own, but before he left the room he turned back to me. "And when I said 'make me,' I meant with a kiss, dummy." Then he turned around and walked out of the room.

I blushed and I changed into my clothes. I used my phone's camera to check how I looked. The t-shirt was black and had a white skull on it. The jeans were black and ripped in three places: on my left knee, and then once above my right knee and once below. I sighed and turned off my phone. This was never going to pass as my clothes. It was beyond obvious.

I checked to make sure I had my backpack. I put the clothes I'd worn yesterday in with my computer just as Bakugo came back. He was wearing a red t-shirt that said 'shut up' in black lettering. He was wearing blue jeans, but his weren't ripped.

He walked over and sat on the bed next to my bag. "I was right. You look good."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but now everyone's going to know I borrowed your clothes. This doesn't even look remotely like anything I'd wear."

"Too bad. I prefer when people stay away from things that are mine anyway." He smirked.

I swung my bag onto my shoulder and started to walk out of the room. "You're weird."

"Nah." He stood up and followed me out.

When we got downstairs, his mom stopped us. "You two, be very, very careful, okay? I don't want a repeat of yesterday."

"Don't worry, Mom." He said, messing up my hair. "I'll make sure this idiot doesn't get killed."

"I'm not an idiot." I replied, pushing his hand away. "I would've been fine."

His mom looked worried. "Are you sure you don't want me to call someone now? You two would be safe going home, at least."

"If you call someone, the nearest hero will respond and I know for a fact it won't be All Might. If anyone other than him shows up, they'll kill Deku. All Might knows him and thinks of him as a son. It's the only way he won't die."

"Alright, then." She glanced at me. "If Katsuki lets you get hurt in any way, you have my permission to slap him."

I smiled a bit. "Okay."

"Thanks." Bakugo said, rolling his eyes as he hugged his mother. "See you later."

"Bye Katsuki."

"Bye, Mom."

Bakugo walked outside with me following him. He took us the same route he'd used yesterday to get here. He kept glancing around. I did, too, afraid Izuku would show up and try to kill us again.

"Do you think he'll show up?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah. This is the way I always go, but I don't know any other way. If he's gonna show up, it'll be soon."

It was almost like he'd jinxed it. I felt someone grab my right arm and pull me back, away from Bakugo. Before I could say anything, my mouth was covered.