The Search

When we got there, we raced inside. I pulled up records of sightings of the League on my computer, while Bakugo tried to find sightings of teens with messy green hair. A bit general on his part, but it was the best we could hope for. It wasn't like Izuku had a quirk that made him stand out, like having a tail or a cactus for a head.

"Got one!" I said, leaning back. Bakugo leaned over me and looked at the computer. I blushed a bit. He was too close to me. The report said that yesterday, someone had seen them in Atami. There had been three people, but the person giving the report was unable to recall any details. It wasn't from a reliable website, but it was our first breakthrough.

He gave me a high-five. "Nice one, Shoto!"

"I know. I'm gonna keep looking. You try to find a sighting of him."

We went back to searching. A few minutes later, Bakugo threw his phone in the air. It landed on the bed behind him with a soft thump. "I found it! A sighting of Deku!"

"What's the date?" I asked.

He picked up his phone and looked at it. "Yesterday."

I smiled. "Awesome! What's the report say?"

"That's the thing, it says a man saw two males walking down the street in Hosu. One of them matches the description of Shigaraki, and the other one doesn't match anything. A teen with messy black hair. There's a picture, but it was dark out, so you can't really see anything. His hair might be green, but you know Izuku's hair looked black in the dark."

He held his phone out. It wasn't a clear picture, but the man was definitely Shigaraki. The other boy wasn't as obvious, but he looked a bit like Izuku.

"I dunno. You think it's him?" I asked.

He looked at the photo again. "I dunno. I was hoping you'd be sure."

"Not at all. But it could be. I think we should go there. It's getting kind of dark, but we could probably make it there."

"Let's do it. My mom lives in Hosu. We can stay with her." 

"Let's go." I grabbed my computer and threw it in my backpack.

Bakugo and I went outside. Before we headed to Hosu, which was only about a half hour away on foot, we went to Uraraka and Ida's place. We weren't going to tell them everything, but we didn't want everybody to start worrying if we suddenly disappeared.

We knocked on Uraraka's door. Ida answered. "What brings you two here this morning?" He asked.

"We just wanted to tell you guys that we're going to Hosu for a little while." Bakugo said as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

"Why are you going? And why are you telling us?" Ida seemed to be very confused.

"We're hanging out with an old friend of mine." Bakugo seemed to have a pretty good story going, so I decided to let him do the talking.

"And who is this friend?" Ida said suspiciously.

"He's from my elementary school. He moved there for a year, from America. Then he moved to Hosu."

"Are you sure that's the reason?" Uraraka said, appearing behind Iida. "I heard you guys talking about Hosu, and I remembered it's the last place the League of Villains were seen."

Bakugo sighed. "Damn, and I had such a good story, too. Yeah, we're looking for the League. We wanted to get rid of the last few before the anonymous-tip-guy can get them."

"It makes sense that you'd come tell us, but why lie about the reason?" Ida asked.

"Because we figured you'd make us stay here if you knew we were in possible danger." Bakugo had answers for every single question, each with only a slight twist to the truth.

"Oh, no, we'd never stop you, Bakugo!" Uraraka said cheerfully. "I still think it might be your fault Deku left! But you'd better take care of Shoto, 'cause if the smol gets hurt, you're gonna get hurt!"

Bakugo scoffed. "You seriously still blame me for that? I blame you! And how come I have to protect Shoto? He can take care of himself, you know that!"
"Oh, nothing, I just heard rumors..." Uraraka smiled evilly and looked at Iida. "Hey, Tenya, this is between me and them."