The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"Hey Diana, want to come hang out at my house today?" my friend Jason said. We were just friends. We never had any type of romantic relationship before. I smiled and nodded. "Sure," I said, before getting into his car. We drove off to his big house. It was really nice and Jason's family was kind of rich but Jason was never the one to brag about it.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home! Diana's here!" he yelled out as we got in. No one answered. Jason shrugged and pulled me by my sleeve, to one of his many living rooms. "You want a soda? Pepsi? Root beer?" he asked, heading off to the kitchen. I nodded. "Pepsi, please," I said with a smile. He walked off to the kitchen, leaving me by myself. Or so I thought.

"Ahem," a boy said, clearing his throat. I looked up to see a guy, probably a bit older than me, leaning against the door frame, eating a bag of potato chips. He had spiked up black bangs, a lip piercing, and an ear piercing. It wasn't Jason. He looked simliar to Jason though, except this guy had piercings, was taller, and he looked more intimidating. I suddenly got nervous. "Um, yes?" I asked, biting my lip, nervously. Jason came back from the kitchen but stopped short when he saw the guy. "Jayden? What are you doing home?" Jason asked, looking at Jayden in shock. Then, it came to me that Jayden was Jason's older brother. Jason never really talked about him much except that he went to an all boy's boarding school. "I got kicked out of school. Who's the chick?" he asked, nodding his head toward me. Jason soon realized I was still in the room. "This is Diana Lockhart, my friend," he said, putting emphasis on the word friend. Jayden looked me up and down, as if he was observing me. "Huh," he said, before turning his attention back to Jason. I felt a bit awkward just sitting here. Jason's expression turned angry. "Why did you get kicked out?! Have you been fighting again? And why are you here? You never visit, even on your breaks!" he said, fists clenched. Jayden just shrugged, as if Jason's angry appearance didn't affect him. "None of your business," he said, before disappearing from the room. Jason stared in awe for a bit but sat down beside me, handing me my pepsi. "Sorry about that. I didn't know he was going to be here." I smiled. "It's okay. I see you guys aren't that close," I said, adding a small laugh after. Jason laughed. "You got that right. He's trouble, Diana. I don't want you getting into anything with him. He can be quite suave and romantic but once you fall into that, he will drop you a day after. I seen it happen to many girls before. Jayden's more of a hump and dump kind of guy," he said, smirking at the end.

Just then, a girl came downstairs, her hair all messed up and only wearing a men's oversized t-shirt. She looked at us and blushed in embarrassment. "Oh, sorry!" she said, before scurrying off. Jason rolled his eyes. "Exhibit A," he said, gesturing towards the girl. I laughed as Jayden came back downstairs. He looked me in the eye. "You're next," he said, winking at me and licking his lips. Jason's face fumed but he kept his cool. "What does he mean 'I'm next?'" I asked, kind of scared to be honest. Jason narrowed his eyes. "You're his next hump and dump!"