The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

The next two weeks came by fast. Jayden was still the sweetest and Jason was still the protective best friend. Jayden was allowed to be left off of the therapy group on account of good behaviour, which meant that I was also off. These two weeks were such a blur, I didn't even realize how close we were to the end of school. "Hey, you feel like going to the end of the year dance?" Jayden asked, looking hopeful. I gaped at him. I completely forgot about the dance! It was for every grade and it also celebrates the graduating of the grade 12's, Jayden included. They held it at a hotel and you could rent rooms to stay overnight. That's what most girls were so excited for. Me? Not so much. "I almost forgot about the dance! I've been way too distracted lately," I said, laughing and winking at him. Jayden laughed and poked me in the arm. "Will you be my date?" he asked, biting his lip, looking nervous and really hot. I laughed and nodded. "Of course, I will," I said, kissing him lightly on the lips. Jayden smiled but quickly turned serious. "Just letting you know though, we don't have to rent a room. I know it's like tradition and all but for you, we don't have to," he said. This boy was just too thoughtful. It was so sweet. "You are too kind," I said, smiling, pulling him into a hug.

Mom and dad still didn't approve of me going out with Jayden so they weren't much help picking out a dress for the dance. It was a masquerade theme. How cliche. I finally picked out a dress. It was a teal coloured dress that went just above my knees. It was strapless and made my waist look small. I paired it up with a teal sequined mask and black high heels. It was a bit out of my comfort zone but hey, it was a special occasion. Jayden hasn't seen it yet and I intend to keep it that way. I wanted him to be shocked and surprised at my choosing of a dress.

My parents dropped me off at the hotel, making strict rules that I cannot stay at the hotel and that right after, I should call them for a ride. As I walked into the dance, I was met by tons of boys, eyeing me up and down. I felt a bit embarrassed and nervous and considered walking back out, but I put on a smile and continued to walk in, searching the crowd for Jason or Jayden. Just then, someone grabbed my elbow. "Diana, is that you?" a familiar voice asked. Jason stood there in the traditional black tux, and his plain white mask perched on top of his head. "Jason!" I yelled over the music, throwing my arms around him. Jason laughed and stepped back to look at me, a frown on his face. "Diana, you look so different. This dress is not you. Are you asking for attention?" he asked, protective as always. I rolled my eyes and smoothed my dress out. "It makes me feel pretty," I said, pouting. Jason shook his head amused and put his mask back on his face. "Whatever you say! I bet my brother will seriously fall at your feet when he sees you in this," he said, laughing. I frowned. "You didn't go together?" I asked. Jason laughed. "Nope, we did. He's just hiding from you. Good luck trying to find him!" he said, teasingly. I sighed as Jason went off into the crowd. I looked all around and felt my phone buzz in my purse.

Hey. Are you that gorgeous looking girl in the teal dress near the entrance?

I looked around, trying to find Jayden. Ugh, this was frustrating me. He could see me but I couldn't see him! This should have been easy. Why did it have to be a masquerade theme?

Good luck trying to find me! If you're lucky, I might just reveal myself.

I sighed. This was hard. I sat down on one of the chairs near the door and waited. My phone buzzed again.

You look really lonely. Maybe I really SHOULD reveal myself..

I groaned and waited for Jayden to come up to me. Just then, the song switched to Hero by Enrique Iglesias. My phone buzzed again.

Ooh, a slow song... Shall we dance?

I got up and looked around, desperately wanting a dance with Jayden. Just then, someone's arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I spun around and saw Jayden. He was wearing a black buttoned polo, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a white tie hung around his neck. He was wearing black pants and black shoes with black mask. He looked absolutely STUNNING. "Dance with me," he whispered in my ear, pulling me into the crowd of people. I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands around my waist, making sure not to go too low. "You look really beautiful," he said, as we danced, making me smile. "You look stunning. Never knew you could dress like this," I said, laughing. He pulled back to look at me, feigning a hurt look on his face. "Are you saying I usually look like a scrub?" he asked. I laughed and kissed his cheek. "I'm just saying you literally took my breath away when I saw you dressed like this," I said, burying myself in his chest again. He laughed. I could feel the vibrations of his laugh as I rested my cheek against his chest. I could stay like this forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Awww how sweet.... NEXT chapter isn't going to be all that sweet tho >:D I'm sorry but I can't put up next chapter today but let me tell you... Next chapter, EVERYTHING goes wrong.