The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 7

Chapter 7 (Diana's POV):

After the therapy group, the helpers, including myself, had to stay for a bit and write a letter to Mrs. Griffith stating all that we collected from our one and one conversations with our partners. I had a different view of Jayden after this. I no longer saw him as just a bad kid who wants to make everyone's life miserable. I now saw him as a miserable teenager who just wants to be spotlighted for once. I felt sympathy for him. After writing the letter, I gave it a read:

Dear Mrs. Griffith,

I have known Jayden Samuels before our therapy group so I have seen how he acts. He is your typical troubled boy who wants attention. He seems to be comfortable in telling me how he feels in his personal and school life. I think that is why the Principal wanted me to be his partner in the first place. There was a bit trouble at first in having him open up to me but soon he told me everything. He told me that he feels he has been hiding in his younger brother's shadow and he just wants to be noticed for awhile, so he feels the need to act out. I am willing to do everything I can to put him back in line. Not because the Principal told me I had to, but because I feel a deep feeling of caring for him.

I neatly folded the paper and handed it in to Mrs. Griffith with a smile. She gave me a small smile. "I have never seen a boy open up that much to a person," she said, winking at me. I laughed but it came out more as a sigh. I exited the school and went outside, remembering I had no ride. I sighed and began to walk down the sidewalk, darkness beginning to fill the sky.

After about 5 minutes, I heard a car approaching. "I"m not going to let you walk home by yourself," the voice said. I looked at the car. Jayden smiled at me from the driver's seat. Not his usual cocky smile but a grateful, polite smile. I got into the passenger's seat and smiled at him. "Did you really wait for me?" I asked, smiling up at him. Jayden nodded. "You didn't think I was going to have you walk by yourself at this time, were you?" he said. I shook my head. Jayden put a hand on my shoulder, sending chills through my body. "I also wanted to say thank you, personally. You are really easy to confide in," he said, giving my shoulder a squeeze. I smiled. "You're welcome." He dropped his hand, leaving a warm spot on my shoulder. He drove off, leaving us in silence for a bit.

The whole drive to my house was silent. We pulled up in front of our house. "Thank you," I said, smiling at him. Jayden nodded and smiled. "No problem," he said, unlocking the door. Before I got out, I leaned over to him. Jayden leaned away from me for a bit. "Whoa, what are you doing?" he asked, confused and shocked. I smiled at him. "Thanking you," I said, before pressing my lips gently to his cheek. Even though I kissed him ever so gently on the cheek, I could feel the stinging on my lips. A good stinging. Jayden looked at me shocked before I got out. I could just imagine the look on his face.

(Jayden's POV)

"Whoa," I said to myself, as she got out of the car. She really kissed me. Well, on the cheek but she still kissed me! I drove away, in shock. What did this kiss mean? Was she really just thanking me or did she like me? I honestly prefered the last option but I couldn't tell anyone that. Especially Jason. He would cut my balls off. I always knew Jason liked Diana a little bit but it was just a tiny crush. Everyone liked Diana. Even though I just came to the school, Jason told me all about it. Diana is probably one of the few remaining virgins in the school. She was also apparently the hottest girl in the school. All the guys wanted to get in her pants but she insisted that she stay her virginal status until it was the right time. As much as I wanted to do her right now, I respected her decision. If she ever decided to fall in love with me, and I hope she did, I would wait for her to say the word. I didn't want to screw this up.

At home, I met my parent's at the door. They were not happy, as I suspected. "Where in the world were you?" my dad asked, his voice cold. Jason came downstairs and smirked at me. "Who knows? He could have been anywhere," he said. I glared at him but looked at my parents, softening my expression. "I'm sorry. I had to do this group therapy thing at school. I have to go everyday," I said, bowing my head slightly so I didn't see their angry looks. My mom groaned. "What have you done this time? This needs to stop!" she said, her voice rising with every word. I put my hands up, surrendering. "I'll change, I promise! I was partnered up with Diana Lockhart!" I said. My parents facial expressions softened and my mom smiled a tiny bit. Jason glared at me, stomping over to us. "What?! You were with Diana?!" he yelled, fists clenched. I returned his facial expression with my own. "You know what?! I am sick of you telling me to stay away from her! What if I did like her?! You can't stop me!" I said, not caring about what I said. Jason glared at me and then looked at my parents, who were just standing there in shock. My mom clapped her hands together. "Okay, okay boys. I want you both to be nice to Diana. She is a very sweet girl and I don't want her to be in the middle of any brotherly tiff. So both of you are going to be kind, respectful gentlemen and I don't want to hear any fighting about her anymore! Understood?" she said, her voice loud and stern. Me and Jason nodded but I could see the death glares he secretly gave me. I went up to my room, thinking over everything that happened today. You know what, Jason? May the best man win.