The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 11

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Look, I'm sorry if this chapter is boring.... Just know that things will turn exciting soon :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11:

I went back downstairs after having my talk with Jason. I was a bit in shock but I knew from the tone of his voice that he was serious. Mr. and Mrs. Samuels greeted me, with Jayden casually leaning against the island, talking to them, looking like a model. "Hello Diana, I'm sorry Jason is still sick," Mrs. Samuels said. I smiled and shook my head. "It's okay, really. So, how are you guys?" I asked, chirpily. I felt really comfortable with them and they felt really comfortable with my family. In fact, my parents told the school that if they were unavailable in an emergency involving me, that they should call Jason's parents. "Nothing much planned for today. I thought we could maybe have family movie night but SOMEONE has other plans," Mrs. Samuels said, obviously talking about Jayden. Jayden raised his hands up and backed away from the island. "Hey, be nice, alright? Am I not allowed to go out every once in awhile?" I laughed. Mrs. Samuels gave a sympathetic smile and came over to Jayden, rubbing his shoulders. "We never hang out as a family anymore. Won't you please stay home for today?" she asked, giving him a puppy dog look. Just then, Mr. Samuels spoke up. "Hey Diana, would you like to stay for family movie night?" he asked, looking at Jayden with a smirk. Jayden's face softened from a reluctant look to an unreadable look. I nodded. "Sure!" I said, smiling. Jayden pointed at me and looked at his dad. "She's going to stay for movie night?" he asked. Me and Mr. Samuels nodded. Jayden shrugged after thinking for about a minute. "Fine. I'll stay. It better be a good movie, though," he said, walking out of the room.

The movie was The Switch with Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman. We just got to the part when Jason sees Jennifer's little boy for the first time, who is unaware that the little boy is really his son too. We all sat on the big couch. Mr. Samuels at the end, then Jason, then me, then Jayden, and then Mrs. Samuels. It felt kind of awkward sitting between Jason and Jayden but Jason gave his blessing and I knew he was sticking to it. "Aww, that little boy's personality reminds me of you when you were in Grade 1," Mrs. Samuels said, squeezing Jayden's shoulder, a big smile on her face. Jayden laughed softly. "Yeah well, things have changed," he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Mrs. Samuels cocked an eyebrow. "Yeah, things have definitely changed, alright," she said, obviously hinting at Jayden's bad boy personality. Just then, Jason spoke up. "You are still changing, Jayden. You are not such a tough ass anymore," he said, laughing. Jayden grumbled. "I can be a tough ass if I want to!" he said, sounding like a stubborn 5 year old. Jason patted him on the shoulder. "Sorry buddy, I think Miss Diana over here is turning you into a softy," he said, winking at me. I stared at him in shock. "Jason!" I said, lightly hitting him in the chest. Jayden shrugged. "I don't know," he said, looking away quickly. Mr. Samuels leaned over to us and gave Jayden a smile. "But remember what you said in the kitchen when Diana was upstairs talking to Jason? That you really liked her and that--." Jayden cut him off. "Okay! Okay! Enough! Let's just watch the movie. Please?" he said, pointing to the TV. So Jayden really did like me?

After the movie, we all got up and stretched. I shivered a bit as Jayden lightly touched my shoulder when he rose his arms up. It was a good shiver. Mrs. Samuels smiled. "That was a good movie. It was nice to have you over, Diana. Come over anytime you like. I'm sure the boys here love your company," she said, winking at me. I laughed as the boys grumbled. Mr. Samuels patted Jayden on the back. "Jayden, please drive Diana home," he said. Jayden nodded, a bit too quickly. He really did like me. I said my goodbye's to the family and headed out the door, the dark sky coming in. Jayden went around to the driver's seat. "I'm sorry about my family. They are really embarrassing. It sucks," he said, giving me a smile that stopped my heart. How cliche of me but it was true. I smiled back at him, trying to copy his big smile. "It's okay. I like your family!" I said, laughing. We drove off and before I knew it, we were in front of my house. I didn't want to go yet so I made my way out as slowly as possible. I slowly unbuckled my seatbelt and smoothed out my clothes in the car. Jayden laughed. "You know, by the time you get out, we are going to be really old," he said, laughing. I laughed too and opened my door but was stopped by a hand to my arm, sending good chills through my body. "Wait," Jayden said, lightly pulling me back in. "What?" I asked confused. Jayden leaned over slowly, as if waiting to see if I was going to pull away. Instead, I leaned over too. Soon, our lips touched and the most intense chills came over me. It lasted for about 5 seconds and he pulled away. I sat back, astonished. Jayden tried to act cool but the smile on his face was big. "Wow," he said, smiling. I nodded. "Wow," I repeated. It was silent for a few minutes until I broke it. "Um, what your family is... Was it true?" I asked, hoping the answer was yes. Jayden nodded and blushed. He looked so cute! "Err... Yes. Sorry," he said, giving me an embarrassed smile. I shook my head and laughed. "No! Don't be. It was cool," I said, blushing myself. Jayden looked at me, a serious look on his face. "Do you like me back?" he asked, seriously. Wow, did he really just say that? This whole conversation made me feel like I was back in grade 4 where you tell your crush you like them and you ask out of nowhere if they like you back. He really WAS nervous! I nodded. "Yes, I do," I said, making my cheeks burn hot. Jayden smiled. "Great," he said, his smile growing bigger than ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Did I say this chapter was boring? Yeah, I lied LOL. I did that on purpose BTW LOL. But I hope you guys liked this chapter! I am NOT going to do the following things though:

- make Diana a teen mom

- have them say I love you too early

- have a "perfect" relationship