The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 6

Chapter 6 (Jayden's POV):

I stared wide eyed at her, as she reflected my own reaction. Then, she stepped in and I closed the door in shock. Was she here as a bad kid like me? She didn't seem like it. Diana smiled apologetically at Mrs. Griffith. "I'm sorry. I had a meeting with the Principal," she said, handing a note to Mrs. Griffith. Mrs. Griffith read it quickly and smiled at Diana. "Don't worry about it. Please sit down here," she said, pointing to the empty chair at the front. Diana took a seat, her eyes never leaving mine. I suddenly felt violated and looked away, sinking down into my chair more. Mrs. Griffith then took out a clipboard. "Okay, if I call your name please say here," she said, looking down at the clipboard. She called out a list of names, followed by a chorus of miserable "here's." Then, she came to the end of her list and I knew my name was called last. "Jayden Samuels?" she said, looking around the room. I put up my hand and sighed. "Here," I said, dropping my arm, letting it flop onto the desk. Diana shook her head, disappointedly, at me and turned her attention back to the teacher. I looked around the room and I soon realized that there were 7 chairs at the front and 7 students like me here. Was this a partner activity? If it was, I hope I got Diana. Mrs Griffith gave us all a smile. "Well, as I was saying, I am Mrs. Griffith, the guidance counsellor here. It is my job to guide you through your teenage years and help with any problems you may have. I am guessing you all have talked to the Principal about why you are here so I feel I don't need to bring it up again." She walked over to the front, gesturing towards the 7 students in the chairs, including Diana. "These students have been handpicked by the Principal and a few teachers to help you all get your lives on the straight and narrow. Seen as there are 7 students in chairs and 7 of you, you will get one of these amazing students to be your partner. They will be whatever they feel they are required to be. A friend, a guide, a tutor. Anything that will help get you all back on your feet again. You have already been assigned to a partner so I will read off who it is." Just then, she looked at her clipboard and read off the names. Soon, there was just me and another guy in the desks and 2 students, a guy and Diana in the chairs. I was hoping to get Diana. This would be a lot more bearable if I got her. "Christopher James, Liam Conrad. That leaves Jayden Samuels with Diana Lockhart," she said, giving me a smile. I smiled innocently at Diana's grumpy expression as she got up and made her way over to me. "Hello, Diana. Looks like you finally have to talk to me. This silent treatment can't go on forever," I said, winking at her. She groaned. Mrs. Griffith continued on speaking. "Now, students, I want you to talk to your partner about your problems. Could be anything. I want you to be as open as you can get. There is a code of silence in my room. Anything said in here, is not to be spread across the entire school. Now go," she said, waving us off. Diana sighed and smiled at me politely, even though I could see she didn't want to be my partner. "Okay Jayden, how are you?" I rolled my eyes. "This is stupid," I said, stubbornly. Diana patted my hand that was resting on top of the desk, sending tingles through my body. "Now, now, Jayden. I am here to help you. Please, talk to me," she said, giving me a small smile. I sighed and leaned in closer to her, so no one could hear us. "I just want to be cool," I said, miserably, as if I was just admitting I was addicted to drugs. Diana smiled at me and gestured for me to go on. "See? Now there's some progress. Keep going," she said, taking my hand in hers. I sighed. "People seem to like bad boys. And I see Jason all the time with his academic rewards and shit and I want to be noticed for once but since school work is so fricking boring I decided to get attention a different way. You know, being a badass? So, that's where I came to be," I said, shrugging at the end. Diana gave me a sympathetic smile. "So, you feel like you are being outshined by your younger brother?" she said, squeezing my hand a bit. She didn't mean it in a teasing way. She actually was asking me that. I nodded. "A bit. And plus, don't you think girls love bad boys?" I said, winking at her. Diana rolled her eyes and let go of my hand, the tingles fading away. "Don't push it, Jayden. Anything else?" she asked, sighing. I shrugged. "That's pretty much it. It's also fun too. The thrill of getting caught just excites me," I said, leaning back in my chair, relaxed. Soon, the thought of being in group therapy at school didn't occur to me. Instead, it was just me and Diana, not doing anything but talking. And I liked it. A lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well that's all I can upload for today! BUT I REALLY LIKED THE ENDING LOL. It seemed really sweet.