Chapter 31 Invitations

Jane suddenly realized she didn't receive an invitation to Thor's wedding. She wondered if Thor decided not to invite her or if it was the bride-to-be. Jane noticed that Darcy and Eric could bring a date; she looked at Darcy and asked her who she thought of asking, “I think I'll ask Ian. I haven't seen him in a while; it would be nice to be reacquainted with him,” Darcey told her friend.

Jane looked at her friend slightly disappointed. Jane was hoping that she could go with Darcey to Thor's wedding. Darcey eyed her friend, critically, “Don't tell me you want to go to Thor's wedding?” Darcey asked.

“Well... maybe.” Jane answered, bashfully.

Darcey sighed, “Jane, if Thor didn't send you an invitation that means he doesn't want you there.”

“Or maybe his fiancee is threatened by me,” Jane answered.

“Why should she, Jane?”

“Because Thor and I were together and he asked me to marry him first,” Jane said adamantly

Darcey shook her head, “Yeah, but you turned him down and now he's marrying someone else. His fiancee has no reason to be jealous or threatened by you,” Darcey tried to explain.

Jane huffed and walked away. She'd ask Erik instead. Jane found Erik working on his computer and casually brought up Thor's wedding. Erik was not an idiot and knew that Jane wanted him to take her as his date. Erik pushed away from his laptop, crossed his arms and looked critically at Jane, “Jane, why do you want to go to the wedding?”

Jane sighed, “I want to make sure that Thor is getting married to a woman he loves, not because I rejected him.”

Erik didn't believe her. He knew she was hoping that if Thor saw her, he would stop the wedding and leave with her, but Erik knew that wouldn't happen. No one knew that Erik had kept in contact with Thor when he returned to Earth and Erik knew that Thor was very happy and very much in love with this woman. Thor told him that his girlfriend understood him in a way that Jane never could and that they had more in common than he and Jane. Erik realized that Jane would have to see for herself that Thor was truly happy. He didn't want to break her heart, but this was the only way.

Erik sighed, “Alright, Jane, I will take you as my date. But please do not make a scene.”

Jane smiled and kissed Erik on the cheek, “I promise I will be on my best behavior.”

Meanwhile in Norway, Odin had contacted Dr. Strange to ask for his help. Dr. Strange opened a portal and walked towards Odin, “You wanted to see me?”

“Yes, I have a favor to ask of you.”

Stephen looked at Odin suspiciously, “What do you want?”

“Is there any way you can disguise me?”

“Why?” Stephen asked.

“My son is getting married and I want to attend, but I do not want him to know I am on Midgard. Please, it is important to me to see him happy after all these years.”

Stephen sighed, but he agreed, “When is the wedding?”

“At the end of the month,” Odin informed the Sorcerer Supreme.

“Alright, on the day of the wedding I will come and cast a glamour on you. Thor will not be able to tell it's you.”

“Thank you, Dr. Strange.”

Stephen nodded and went back to the New York sanctuary.

Odin sat on the porch of his little cabin. He knew that Thor wouldn't recognize him, but surely Zeus would, “I will have to take that risk,” Odin decided.

As people made plans to attend the wedding, Pepper made sure that the invitation were sent to Logan and the X-Men. When Logan received the invitation, he nearly crumpled it and threw it in the fire. He didn't like the idea of his daughter marrying so young. But Logan knew that Thor loved Alina with all his heart and if Zeus had approved the marriage, Thor must have fought like hell to prove his worth, and Logan knew that it meant the world for him to be at Alina's wedding. So, he sucked it up and decided to go buy a suit for the wedding.

The rest of the school were excited to get an invitation to the wedding. They were looking forward to going to New York and seeing Alina's godly family. Alina had sent a side note to everyone, telling them that they would be the only ones that would be able to see Zeus and her family as they truly are and that it was important not to say anything. The teachers and students RSVP that they would attend and that they would keep her secret.

Logan and the others realized that they only had a short time to get things in order for the wedding. May fourteenth was just around the corner and everyone had to hurry to get everything in order to attend. So, the school made a trip to New York to buy their dress and suits and to get gifts for the bride and groom. They were all excited to share in Alina and Thor's happy occasion that they spared no expense. They knew it would be a wonderful wedding.