Chapter 28 Tradition

So, Alina, Pepper, Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite made their way down to the garage, where Happy was waiting with the Towncar for them. When Happy got out of the car to help the ladies into the car, his mouth fell open when he saw Aphrodite. She gave him a coquettish smile and eased her way into the vehicle. Alina rolled her eyes at her sister.

“Behave, sister, before the poor man's eyes fall out of his head.”

Aphrodite looked at her baby sister and smirked, “Killjoy.”

The other ladies got into the car, and Happy closed the door, he got into the driver's seat and asked Pepper where he was taking them, “Angelo Lambrou Bridal Shop, Happy, 252 W 38th St Suite 1401.”

Happy looked at Pepper through the rearview mirror, surprised, “Who's getting married?”

Alina beamed at Happy, “Thor and I are getting married in a month.”

Happy smiled, “Congratulations.”

“Thank you, Happy, you're invited to the wedding, of course.”

“Thank you, Alina.”

“You're welcome, Happy.”

Happy drove out of the parking garage and made his way towards the bridal salon. It took about an hour to get there, and while they drove, Pepper and the ladies talked about how and where they wanted to have the wedding. Athena read a book on Norse mythology, and as she continued to read, her face began to fall.

Alina looked over at her, Athena, “Sister, what's the matter?”

“Little one, we cannot use Thor's tradition in this wedding.”

“Why not,” Alina asked.

“They are far too barbaric. The traditions will most likely offend Father and the other gods.”

“But sister, you are looking at Earth traditions, I'm sure that Asgardian traditions are far more civilized,” Aphrodite tells her sister.

Athena sighs, “I suppose you're right. For now, we shall plan a Greek Wedding and add Asgardian as we go.” Athena advises the others agree.

They arrive at the bridal shop, and with Happy's helped the ladies step out of the car. Pepper, Alina, and the goddesses head inside the shop where they are eagerly greeted by one of the shop girls, “Good afternoon Ms. Potts. Welcome to Angelo Lambrou, how can we help you today?”

“Yes, we're here to pick out a wedding gown for my friend Miss. MacLeod.”

“Congratulations, Miss MacLeod.”

“Thank you.”

“When is the big day?”

“In a month. We decided today to get married.”

The shop girl looked at Pepper, shocked.

“I hope that won't getting a dress ready for Miss Macleod won't be a problem,” Pepper asked, “Mr. Stark will, of course, pay extra to have his friend's dress made and delivered in time.”

“N-no, of course not, Ms. Potts. Anything for Mr. Stark.”

Pepper smiled and looked over at the goddesses. They knew that as a mortal, Tony was quite powerful, but they hadn't realized how people bent over backward for him. Hera smiled at the shop girl, “That being the case, I believe we should get started.”

It took three hours to pick the perfect dress for Alina's wedding. Everyone had an opinion of what kind of gown Alina should get, in the end, it came down to Aphrodite helping Alina find the dress that looked both modern but still had a Greek flair to it.

“Thor is going to love it,” Aphrodite said.

“Speaking of Thor, Sister, I was doing more research, and it seems that you need to make a sword for him as well.”

“What?! I don't know how to do that! How am I supposed to make Thor a sword.”

“Do not panic, Sister, Hephaestus will help you make one. He'll show you how to make a proper sword,” Aphrodite assured Alina.

Alina nodded and let out a relieved breath.

While that is going on, Thor and Bruce make their way to the Empire State Building. They go inside and take the elevator up to Olympus. Upon arriving, they are greeted by Poseidon, “Good afternoon, Thor, hello, Bruce, it's nice to see you both. To what do we owe this visit?”

“Good afternoon Poseidon. I have come to ask Hephaestus if I may use his forge to create a sword for my bride.”

Poseidon looked at his niece's fiancee, confused, “I do not understand why would you make my niece a sword?”

“It is an Asgardian wedding tradition. The groom presented his ancestral sword to his bride, which she kept for any future sons they might have. But I would like to make one from my sweat and blood instead. Make a new tradition for Alina and me. I think it has more meaning coming from my own hands.”

“I think you're right, Thor, and I do not think Hephaestus will mind loaning you his forge,” Poseidon informs his future nephew, “Let me take you to his forge.”

The trio makes their way through the grounds of Olympus, past the field where the pegasuses are grazing, and past the gardens. Thor and Bruce marvel at the beauty of Olympus. They had no idea there was more to Olympus than what the duo had seen before. Eventually, they get to the forges where Hephaestus is working on Apollo's chariot, replacing one of the wheels. He looks up from his work and smiles at Poseidon.

Hephaestus stood up and wiped his hands on his apron, “Hello Poseidon?”

“Hello, Hephaestus, how have you been?”

“Good, busy as always. What brings you down here?” Hephaestus asked, then he noticed Thor and Bruce standing there.

“Thor, Banner! It is good to see you. I wanted to congratulate you again, Thor, on your upcoming nuptials to my sister.”

“Thank you, Hephaestus, that is the reason we are down here. I would like to ask your permission to use your forge to forge a sword for my bride.”

Hephaestus leans against Apollo's chariot, “Is that so? Why?”

Thor went on to explain the Asgardian wedding tradition though he wanted to alter it a bit, and that was the reason Thor wished to make his a sword himself.

Hephaestus thought about it for a little while, then nodded. “That's fine, Thor, I permit you to use my forge. Do you know how to make a sword?”

Thor blushed, “I learned in my youth, but I admit I am out of practice; it has been a very long time since I have worked with metal.”

Hephaestus laughed and clapped Thor on the shoulder, “Then I will give you a refresher course, my friend,” Hephaestus looked at Bruce, “Would you like to learn as well, Banner?”

“If you don't mind, I'd like to watch. It sounds fascinating.”

“That's fine, Banner. Perhaps we can convince you later to try your hand at it later,” Hephaestus informed him, “Now let us get started, there is no time to waste.”