Chapter 5 Thor Returns

Life was pretty normal at Avenger Tower and Alina was enjoying her time there. She had been living there for several months now, and had adjusted to life there very well. Though she did miss Logan and the other X-Men quite a bit, working with Bruce and Tony was an opportunity she couldn't pass up.

The good thing about living in New York City was the fact that she was able to visit her father more often, which made her and Zeus very happy, and a lot closer. The bad thing about living with the Avengers was that eventually she'd have to meet Director Fury.

The Avengers and Alina were having movie night when JARVIS announced that Director Fury and Agent Coulson, who they just found out was actually alive, had arrived and were on their way up. Tony groaned and all the eyes turned to Alina.

"What?"

"Fury's not going to be happy that you're here, Alina." Clint informed her.

"So, what do I care?"

"Well, he's going to be suspicious of you and more than likely he has a file on you. Which means he's going to demand that you join the Avengers." Steve comments.

Alina started laughing, "There's no way Fury can make me join the Avengers. What's he going to do, throw me in jail?"

"Yeah." The Avengers say in unison.

"Doubt it."

At that point the elevator doors open and out steps Fury and Coulson. Fury scans the room, zeroing in on Alina who is sitting in between Bruce and Tony.

"Avengers, I received some interesting information that there's a new resident in this tower, and I am assuming that's you, Miss…"

"Macleod, Alina Macleod, and you are?"

"Nick Fury, director of SHIELD."

"SHIELD?"

"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, surely you knew that, Miss Macleod?"

"No, why would I know that?"

"You live with the Avengers, I'm sure you've heard them talk."

"As a matter of fact I haven't, I make it a point to leave the room when they talk about anything that involves their work outside of what Bruce and Tony are doing in the lab. I'm just a simple physicist, director Fury, I have no interest or desire to know what the Avengers do. My job is to assist in the lab nothing more."

This, of course was something that the Avengers were just now realizing. It was true, Alina was never in the room when they talked about any type of mission. Fury didn't look convinced, until Steve spoke up.

"It's true, Director, Alina is never in the room when we talk about missions or any other thing that pertains to SHIELD or the Avengers."

Fury scrutinized Steve for a moment, he knew that Steve would never lie to him. Steve was a terrible liar, he couldn't lie to save his life. Fury wasn't completely satisified with the answer, but he would take Steve's word for it.

"Fine, I'll take your word for it, Captain Rogers, just make sure it stays that way." With that, him and Coulson left.

Clint turned to Alina, "You know I never noticed before, but you really do leave when we do our Avengers stuff."

"Yeah, it's like what I told your Director, I'm not interested in knowing. Don't tell me you guys are interested in knowing what the X-Men do?"

"Yeah we are."

"Well, tough."

After that, there were no more incidents with SHIELD or Fury. Things continued on as normal until one day when Alina came back to the Tower after visiting her father, she noticed when she entered the lab that it was empty.