Chapter 6 Getting To Know You

Later that night in her room, Alina stood inside her closet looking for something to wear. She was having a hard time deciding what to wear, when there came a knock at her door.

"Come in."

Natasha came into the room, "Alina, where are you?"

"I'm in the closet, Nat, did you need something?"

"I came to see if you needed any help getting ready." Nat said as she walked into the closet.

"You are a god send, yes please, I don't know which dress to wear to this party."

Natasha looked at the dresses that Alina had narrowed it down to critically. She glanced at Alina, then picked out a red silk, off the shoulder, short sleeve, mermaid dress that came down mid calf. Natasha chose gold ankle strap high heels and gold hoop earrings. Alina's brown hair was curled in waves hanging loosely down her back, her make-up was simple but flawless.

Alina took Natasha's choice into the bathroom to change. When she came out, she modeled it for Natasha.

"What do you think?"

Natasha gave a low whistle, "You look stunning, Thor's going to be rendered speechless."

Alina blushed, "I'm not wearing this to impress Thor."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "Oh please, you couldn't keep your eyes off each other."

"That may be true but, I'm sure it was just the facination of meeting someone new."

"If you say so, Alina, come on let's get going."

Natasha took Alina by the arm and they headed up to the penthouse. The stepped out onto the floor and Alina's mouth fell open, the penthouse was decked out in decorations, there were lasers everywhere, a DJ was playing music off in a corner. Tons of people had already shown up and there were waiters walking around with champaign and food. There was, of course a bartender mixing drinks for everyone. Alina was amazed how Tony could organize this with such short notice, it was probably Pepper that did it, though.

All of the Avengers were already there including Rhodey, Fury, Coulson, Hill, and several other SHIELD agents. Thor had been sitting on the couch talking to Steve, he looked up when the elevator doors opened and Natasha and Alina stepped out. Thor's eyes widened at the sight of Alina, his mouth dropping open. Steve followed his gaze and he smiled.

"Wow Alina looks really nice."

Thor slowly turned to Steve, "Nice? Captain, she looks absolutely breath taking."

Thor was about to get up when he saw Bruce make his way over to Alina, his smile fell when he noticed Bruce give Alina a hug and kiss her forehead. Thor's eyes narrowed as he watched Bruce put his arm around Alina's shoulders and lead her further into the room.

Steve, having noticed Thor's attitude change, gave him a questioning look. "Something wrong, Big Guy?"

"I had no idea that Banner was courting Lady Alina." Thor said, disappointment evident in his voice.

Steve turned around, he chuckled at the sight. "Not at all, Thor, Bruce and Alina are just friends. As a matter of fact Bruce sees her as a little sister, he's very protective of her."

The sparkle returned to his eyes and a big grin was plastered on his face.

"You should go talk to her, Thor."

Without hesitation, Thor got up and made his way towards Bruce and Alina. He smiled brightly at her, she returned the smile. Taking her hand, he brought it to his lips and kissed it. He felt the tingle on his lips again, it was most enjoyable.