Chapter 20 Warning and Misunderstanding

Alina changed her sheets and got into bed, she turned on her TV and put on Netflix, maybe they could watch a movie until they fell asleep. She had several pillows piled on the bed, not knowing how many Thor used to sleep. At about that time Thor showed up on Bruce and Alina's floor, he was so excited to get to sleep with Alina, but he had it clear in his mind that this was just going to be sleep, nothing more. But if they made out before they went to bed, so be it. As he passed the living room he noticed that Bruce was sitting on the sofa reading a book.

"Banner, I would have thought you had gone to bed by now."

"Nope, I was actually waiting for you. I just want to let you know that I'll be listening to make sure nothing goes on in that room."

"Do not worry, Banner, nothing is going to happen, you have my word."

"Good, because I'm not the only one paying attention."

"I know that JARVIS will also be aware of what is going on."

"Yeah, he will, but that's not who I was talking about. Ares made it perfectly clear that he is also paying attention."

Thor's brow furrowed, "How do you know this?"

"He sent a ball of fire into Alina's room in the shape of a vulture, which is Ares sacred animal, to make it obvious that he was listening."

"Oh so we are being spied on by her brother?" Thor asked a little annoyed.

"No, he's just paying extra attention. I don't know if Alina told you, but Ares is especially fond of his baby sister. He spent the first year of her life watching over her like a hawk, hardly ever leaving her side. By orders of his father but still, he loves his sister very much, he was there for all of her milestones. He was there when she first walked and when she first talked, her first word wasn't Mama or Dada it was Ares. So yeah he's a little bit more protective of her."

"Ares needn't worry, I made a promise and I intend to fulfill it. I will wait until our wedding night."

"Good, I just wanted to give you a heads up." Bruce tells him.

"Thank you, Banner."

With the end of their conversation, Thor made his way to Alina's bedroom, he knocks on the door.

"Come in."

Opening the door he smiles down at her as she lies on her bed surrounded in pillows.

"Hello, my love, I must admit the you do have a large bed, mine's bigger," Thor says with a smirk.

Alina rolls her eyes, she pulls the covers back then pats the bed beside her, Thor eagerly lies down. Getting under the covers he grabs Alina by the waist and pulls her toward him.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Alina asks.

"Whatever you want to do, my love."

She wiggles away from him and puts on a movie, Thor sits up and opens his arms. Alina snuggles into him and they watch the movie. After a while Thor notices Alina's breathing, he realizes she has fallen asleep against him. Thor smiles down at her, wrapping his arms around her, he settles himself down and closes his eyes. He sighs, letting his body relax, he falls into a deep tranquil sleep.

When Thor wakes up the next morning, he finds that he's alone. Sitting up, he rubs the sleep from his eyes and looks around, looking for Alina.

"My Love?" He calls out

At this point Alina comes out of the bathroom in a black leather bodysuit resembling that of black widow, though the difference was that her suit had the X-Men emblem on it. She was making final adjustment on it when she look up at Thor and smiled.