Chapter 27 Wedding Annoucement

Poseidon and Alina left the study and made their way to the assembly hall. They could still hear Zeus and Thor arguing about what their nonexistent children should be named.

“I want one named after me,” They heard Zeus say.

“Then, one will be named after my father.”

“NEVER!”

Poseidon sighs and calls forth the other Greek gods. One by one, the gods and goddesses begin to appear. They expect to see Zeus but are surprised to know that it's Poseidon that called them. Athena looks around and notices that her father isn't there.

“Poseidon, where is my father.”

“Arguing with Thor about having children,” Alina says.

“What?!” Aphrodite exclaims.

“No, not having children together, him and me.”

“WHAT?!” Athena and Aphrodite yell.

Alina gives her sisters a confused look, “No, not Papa and me, what's wrong with you? Thor and me.”

Athena pinches the bridge of her nose, “Wait, what's going on? Why are you and Thor here, and why is Father not calling for the assembly? It's not like him.”

“Thor and I are getting married in a month. Papa got depressed that I'm getting married, and to cheer him up, Thor promised that we would give him grandchildren. Now they're negotiating what to name the six children that Papa wants me to have, if not more.”

Everyone assembled nods. Ares suddenly stands up and begins to walk out, “Where are you going, Brother?”

“I want one named after me.” He threw over his shoulder as he walked out.

Alina sighs, “Oh, gods.”

“Yes?” The assembled Greek gods say.

“Cut it out, and it was an expression.”

“Yes, let's be serious; we have a wedding to plan!” Hera tells her children and siblings.

“You're going to help,” Alina questions

“Of course, I am the goddess of marriage. I want to bless your union with Thor.”

Alina smiles brightly and hugs the goddess, “Thank you, Hera!”

“You're welcome, child.”

Aphrodite claps her hands with enthusiasm, “Let's get started,” She said, grabbing her baby sister's hand and dragging her way. With all of the goddesses following behind. The gods look at each other, not knowing what to do.

“What are we suppose to do?” Apollo asks.

“Go talk to Father, tell him and Ares to stop arguing over nonexistent children, and help plan this wedding. Oh, and I expect you to write some beautiful music for this wedding, Apollo,” Aphrodite says.

And so the wedding plans commence, and like Zeus, Aphrodite was a control freak when it came to love and romance. But she was at least considerate enough to listen to what her baby sister wanted. Thor eventually told them that he didn't think that anyone from his family would come to his wedding, considering that his mother and brother had passed away, and Odin needed to remain in Asgard to take care of the nine realms.

Thor insisted that the Avengers be invited along with Darcy and Erik Selvig. They were the closest thing he had to a family on Midgard. That being the case, Alina wanted Xavier and the entire school invited as well. Logan coming to the wedding was a given. So that meant that the wedding would have to be held on Earth. Which was fine with Aphrodite and Hera, they would only need to coordinate with someone on Earth to get everything set up.