Chapter 20

"THE BLACK PANTHER IS READY FOR YOU!"

"I can't really do anything just by knowing his Quirk, though." You, Izuku and Shoto all stood together after defending off the hero killer. "I think our best option is to hold on by avoiding close combat until the pros get here." You faced the two, "I can take care of this guy and you two can go to safety, you already have enough injuries."

You began to walk towards Stain, but we're stopped by Izuku, "I can't let you do that Y/n!" Shoto came next to you and nodded at you. You sighed, "fine but my first priority will to protect you both, me and Izuku will distract him, so shoto, support us from behind!"

Izuku activated his quirk while you took a stance. Shoto nodded, "The three of us will protect them!" Shoto glanced back at Iida who has yet to be freed, 'lida, Ive been worried about you since your older brother was attacked. I can't tell Y/n was as well.' You and Izuku both took off, Izuku went high while you went low.

Shoto watched you both as he continued to fall into deep thought, 'I also know just how narrow the field of vision can get for someone like that. That day, I told her everything about what had happened and about who I am now. She said that for me to move forward without anything holding me back.' Shoto sent fire towards Stain, 'Everything was so simple!'

Stain went straight for Izuku, attempting to cut his leg. You latched onto the hero killer and threw him away from Izuku. You then helped up the green haired male, "what did I say? Focus." He nodded. You both were back up and chasing the hero killer. Shoto sent waves of ice towards him but he only jumped on the shards of ice.

Iida watched in horror as his friends put their lives on the line to save him, "s-stop..!" He yelled once more. Shoto clenched his teeth, "If you want us to stop, then stand up!" Iida's eyes widened. "The only words I can say to you are:" Shoto's left side lit up in flames, "Look properly at what you want to be!"

Iida began to move his hand as tears filled his eyes, 'What kind of hero am I?' '

'Save that guy first.' He looked towards the injured hero on the ground.

'In order to teach him a lesson, I used my brother's name.' Iida clenched his eyes as he heard his brothers voice in the back of his head, 'Tenya, you want to be a hero, too?"

While Iida was finding his strength, you we're blocking knives from hitting Izuku and Shoto. You went to attack Stain but he disappeared from your sight. Once you found him he was ready to cut off Shoto's arm but lucky for you all. Iida launched himself and kicked Stain away, "L/n, Todoroki, Midoriya, this has nothing to do with you three, and I apologize."

Stain narrowed his eyes at the blue haired boy, "It's no use trying to be reformed for appearance's sake. You will never be anything but a fake who prioritizes his own selfish desires." Shoto stood behind Iida who appeared to be conflicted, "lida, don't listen to the logic of a murderer." Iida slightly lifted his head, "No, he's right."

The hero killer then grew impatient as he then started to make his way towards you all again. Shoto sent ice and fire but he dodged them all. You appeared next to Stain as you sent a kick towards his head. He narrowly dodged it but missed your other leg, hitting him in the chin.

He scowled and created distance between you and him. Izuku then attempted to grab him again but you pulled him out the way once you seen stain try to land another hit on him. It was then a back and forth match between you and Stain. Iida grew panicked once he seen you facing him all alone he faced Shoto, "Todoroki, can you regulate temperature? Freeze my legs!"