Prologue

It was a cold morning in December, to be specific it was the 25th day of the month, the day after christmas eve. Inside a room a blonde haired girl was sleeping, she was Shiina Mahiru. She was dreaming about that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside a small apartment three people were sitting at the same table, they were parents and daughter. The parents were wearing formal clothes while the daughter was wearing her school uniform as she had to leave for school soon.

Their parent-child relationship had never been the best but the girl had always hoped that it would change one day. She had been doing her best to be noticed by her parents but nothing seemed to work.

Another person would have given up a long time ago but she had refused to do it and it seemed that her efforts paid off. She had been accepted into the most prestigious high school of Japan where between thousands of students only a few were accepted.

Unlike other times when she would be brushed off, she had received a positive response. They congratulated her though it was done by text. Nevertheless that was a small step in improving their relationship.

As her date of departure was getting closer, she received a text from her parents the day before she would leave. They were going to send her off personally. Mahiru had been delighted, she couldn't believe it.

Even though it had been only a day since she received the text she had grown expectant of the future. She had thought that this was the start of a healthy parent-child relationship.

However her expectations were crushed in the worst possible way, all her hopes and dreams about a normal family were thrown to the trash.

In a way they had come to send her off but not how she would have liked. This was going to be their last meeting, they were cutting ties with her.

They had arrived with some documents, they were giving her the apartment where she had been living the past few years and enough money for college.

The next thing she remembers is being alone in the same place, her parents were nowhere to be seen. She didn't know what to do but if there was something she was sure of was that she didn't want to stay a second more in that place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly Mahiru woke up, she was panting. It had been a long time since she had dreamed of that day. She looked at the clock in the wall, it was time to get up. She needed to take a shower then get dressed so she could start cooking breakfast.

A part of her wanted to go back to sleep, her dream had cut short. That day had been the worst day in her life but also the best one. All for one little thing, that day she had met him.

She thought of going back to sleep just to see if she could see the continuation of her dream although that wasn't the only reason. She was feeling a bit tired after the Christmas party they had. She had cooked a feast for him and their friends after all.

It didn't help that the bed felt cozy and smelled like him. She was tempted to really do it but she had some responsibilities to fulfill. She left the bed to get some clothes when she realized that she wasn't in her room, she was in his.

She felt heat coming to her cheeks. This wasn't her first time staying the night and certainly won't be the last. However, that didn't mean that she wouldn't feel embarrassed.

Suddenly she heard the door being opened, it was him. He was carrying a tray of food, it was their breakfast. She couldn't help but smile softly, it was small details like that which made her fall even more in love with him.

At times like this her thoughts wandered to what would have happened to her if she hadn't met him. Would she be as happy as she is now? Definitely not.

「Good morning Kiyotaka.」

Author's notes

Hello there, thank you for reading. I watched all the episodes of "The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten" last week and had a need to write a fic. I kind of already wrote a chapter before, it was supposed to be the prologue.

However I made it longer and made it the first chapter of this story. I want to make a wholesome story so don't expect Kiyotaka to participate in class conflict.

Speaking of "The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten" I only know what I've seen in the anime, I'll probably read the novel as soon as I get some time. That's all folks.

I picked up an angel on my way to school and now she spoils me rotten Chapter I: Fateful encounter Preview.

「Hey, what was that for?」

「I am, I just took a small break.」

「Are you perhaps lost?」

「I just followed a dog.」

By the way, I already have the next chapter complete. I'll release it as soon as I write the next one.