Chapter I: Fateful encounter

It was a normal morning in Tokyo, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. The weather was perfect, not too cold or not too hot. The streets were filled with people, you could see high school students, middle school students and elementary school students.

It was expected, today was April 1st. The first day of the month and the first day of school. Between the multitude of students, different uniforms could be distinguished.

However between all of them there was one that anybody could recognize, it was a red blazer that stood out like a sore thumb. It belonged to the best high school in Japan, Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

Every year thousands of students would apply but only a few would be accepted. It was expected considering the benefits it offered, who could say no to a 100% employment and college entry rate after all.

Nevertheless it also has its own downsides like the stay in on-campus housing or the prohibition to leave the campus or prohibition to contact with family and friends.

Despite all of that, students from everywhere in Japan were willing to endure it as the benefits outweigh the cons. Nonetheless between all those students there were bound to be some exceptions.

Students who didn't care about the benefits the school could offer but the "disadvantages", students who wanted to be away from home. Like a certain someone who was walking leisurely.

He was a brown haired boy, no particular feature of him could be highlighted except for his lack of expression. He was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the sole survivor of the fourth generation of the White Room.

He was walking towards what would be his new cage for the next three years. Although this wasn't his first time in the outside world, it was his first time he was free to do as he wished.

His first taste of freedom had been in deciding how to go to his new school, he was presented with different options: he could take a bus, his caretaker could drive him or he could simply go walking.

Wanting to see more of the world, Kiyotaka discarded the second option. Although a ride in a limousine was cozy it would be too short for his liking.

That left two options, curious about using public transportation he had chosen the bus. However when he had been waiting for his ride, he had noticed that the number of people waiting for the same bus was too many

It didn't help that when it arrived it was almost full, it hadn't been a difficult choice to drop the idea of taking the bus.

That's how he found himself walking towards his new school, he had been enjoying his walk. Engraving all the details he could in his head as he didn't know when he would have the same chance again.

However at some point in his way he had wandered off the path he was supposed to take. He couldn't be blamed, it was the fault of his curiosity. He had been easily attracted to different things on the way, like that dog he had followed for god knows how long.

It was his first time seeing an animal in real life and would probably be the last so he had to pet it at least once. It was something he had been curious about when he was a child.

Sadly it hadn't been as delighted as he hoped back then, its fur was smooth and pleasant to the touch but that was it.

Kiyotaka sighed deeply, he took his phone to check what time it was. To his surprise he had wandered off for almost half an hour, meaning he was late for school. He already gave up on attending his first class and went directly to the entrance ceremony.

Unfortunately it seemed that he had gotten lost as he didn't recognize where it was, he had memorized the layout of his path to a certain degree but it seemed that he had wandered far away enough that nothing matched.