Chapter X: Misunderstandings

In a certain room in the first year's dormitory, a brown haired boy was sleeping peacefully on his bed. He was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, your average fifteen year old boy.

Currently there was a small smile on his face as he was having a pleasant dream. Kiyotaka was dreaming about a certain delicacy that he had eaten the day before.

Sadly his dream came to a stop when he heard the door of his bedroom open, waking him up from his peaceful sleep. It wasn't a surprise, Kiyotaka was a light sleeper after all.

Soon the sound of footsteps could be heard, whoever had entered his bedroom was approaching him.

Kiyotaka thought of opening his eyes and seeing the identity of the intruder but he already had an idea of who it could be.

That's why Kiyotaka decided to act as if he was still sleeping and see what she would do. Soon he could feel her standing next to him, gazing at him.

However, that was all she did, seconds turned into minutes and Kiyotaka knew that he had to do something. He was about to open his eyes when he felt a hand on his cheek.

"Ayanokouji-kun, wake up."

Slowly Kiyotaka opened his eyes, making it seem he just woke up. The identity of the intruder was a blonde haired girl whose name was Shiina Mahiru, a freshman like him and a student of Class B.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun." Mahiru said happily. "You should start getting ready for school." At the same time she went to open the curtains of the room, letting light illuminate the room.

"Breakfast is almost ready so you should hurry up." Mahiru said before leaving.

Kiyotaka could only see her leave, wondering how she got inside his new home. He could make a guess of how she did it, he remembered Mahiru asking the dorm manager about making copies of keycards.

Kiyotaka looked at the clock on the wall, there was still one hour left until school started. He had woken up considerably later than he would usually do.

In fact he wondered what would happen if Mahiru hadn't come to wake him up, would he miss his first day of school?

He couldn't give a straight answer as he remembered falling asleep almost immediately when he went to bed after coming back home from what could be considered his first date.

Actually today was the first time he overslept. Even back then when he pushed his body to his limit he would still wake up at the same time.

Kiyotaka could only think that it was him not used to being free, having not to wake up at a specific time.

He could even miss school if he wanted to, however, he was really looking forward to experiencing the life of a normal highschool student, also considering that the school was supposed to be an elite one, he had really high expectations.

Kiyotaka was also looking forward to making some friends, he already had made some. All of them were girls so he was hoping to befriend some boys too.

Suddenly Kiyotaka could smell something pleasant, surely it was his breakfast. Eager to see what Mahiru made, Kiyotaka made his way to the kitchen. When he arrived, he noticed that the source of the smell was coming from a pan.

"Good morning, Shiina. What's that you're cooking?" Kiyotaka asked, at the same time he was pointing at a pan.

Inside the kitchen, Mahiru was finishing making breakfast. Just like yesterday, she had her hair tied into a ponytail and was wearing the same pink apron.

"Good morning again, Ayanokouji-kun." Mahiru said happily.

When she gazed at him, Mahiru liked what she saw. Kiyotaka was using the sleepwear she had bought for him. Coincidentally, she had one of the same color, so they could match outfits if someday they had a sleepover.