AU Chapter I: Strange meeting

It was late in the afternoon, inside a convenience store a brown haired boy was waiting for his shift to end. He was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a fifteen year old boy. He was working at the cash register.

Next to him was a bag that contained an about to expire bento, it was going to be his dinner for today. It was one of the benefits he had gotten for working there, he could get them for half the price.

Also he would get a small discount for each purchase he would make and he was really grateful for that. As someone living on his own with his own money he needed to save every penny he could.

Getting money wasn't easy let alone for a high schooler, he could only take part time jobs. That's why in order to pay all of his expenses he needed more than one part time job.

However that wouldn't be enough, rent in Tokyo wasn't cheap nor were daily expenses and high school students could only work on weekends and after school. Hence when he applied for the jobs, he introduced himself as a college student so he could take different shifts. Fortunately thanks to his calm demeanor and looks he was able to make it seem that he was.

In the end he ended up working in a convenience store, a bookstore, a small restaurant and a new moving service company, not that he had any complaints about them. It helped pay the bills after all. Although if he would have to choose only one it would be the one in the restaurant all because lunch was included.

Speaking of food, Kiyotaka couldn't wait to go home. He had bought a second hand microwave in the morning and hadn't had the chance to use it. Now he could heat his bento at night, no more cold food for this masterpiece.

Kiyotaka looked at the clock on the wall, realizing that only five minutes had passed since the last time he checked, there were still twenty five minutes left until his shift ended. There were no clients in the store so he was left to his own devices.

It was no surprise to Kiyotaka, this morning he had seen the weather report. It was expected to rain and indeed was raining cats and dogs. Kiyotaka couldn't help but want to sigh, this wasn't what he expected his life to be.

Without a doubt Ayanokouji Kiyotaka was free, no strings attached. It was something he still couldn't believe. He could make his own choices from what he would eat to what he would do in his free time.

Even, the vigilance from that man was no longer in him, Atsuomi really kept his word. It was expected there was nothing else he needed from him, his training was done. In other words he had finished the curriculum of the White Room.

At that time Kiyotaka thought that another curriculum would be made or was waiting for him but nothing of the sort happened. He was only called to the professor's office. There Atsuomi presented him the option to be set free. Kiyotaka didn't even need to think, his answer was obvious.

Nevertheless, there were some conditions. His freedom would last as long as he wanted, he was given a choice to come back to the place which was supposed to be his home. However the moment he'll do it, he will follow Atsuomi's order without batting an eye.

Kiyotaka agreed, thinking that there was no way he would desire to go back to that place when there was a lot he could explore in the outside world. Still he didn't expect to be set free in that way.

He was left in the middle of the road, with only one change of clothes and a phone that contained Atsuomi's number. He was given no money nor a place to stay, he was completely on his own.

Kiyotaka could remember vividly what that man said. "Call me when you're tired of that freedom, I'll come to pick you up."

He remembered walking for hours until he arrived at Tokyo, he enjoyed it though by the end he was hungry and thirsty. As Kiyotaka was losing himself in his memories he heard his phone rang, it was the alarm indicating his shift had ended.