The first evening

Harry wondered how to handle dinner. Draco told him not to let Scorpius out of his sight, so it wouldn't be wise to leave him alone at home and go shopping. Taking him to the shop with him - Harry didn't have enough energy for such an adventure. So he decided to sacrifice the pizza he had for dinner in the freezer.

"That's great. Daddy only lets me have pizza if there's some celebration," the boy rejoiced.

"So what do you actually eat? Who cooks for you? Do you have house elves?"

"Daddy cooks, lots of vegetables and meat and stuff. We used to have elves, but we don't anymore since we moved."

Harry had to update Draco's image in his mind again. Somehow he couldn't imagine Draco preparing healthy children's meals.

Harry was glad he had pizza at home, at least. He placed a wide plate in front of Scorpius.

"Cut it up," the child said reproachfully.

Harry cut the pizza into eight triangular pieces.

"Cut it into smaller pieces."

Harry was getting impatient.

"Then take it in your hand and eat, for Merlin's sake. I am sure you know how to bite."

"I don't want to touch it." Scorpius frowned and began to cry. Harry, aware of his sonic weapons, obediently cut the pizza into smaller pieces. He put a piece in his mouth.

"Don't eat it!" the child protested.

"You little spoiled Malfoy, didn't your perfect dad teach you to share?"

"Yeah, but Daddy can't see me right now," Scorpius said triumphantly.

Harry resigned. He poured himself another glass. It looks like firewhisky will be his only dinner.

"You must be really sad," Scorpius said sympathetically.

"Terribly sad," Harry laughed. "Though that's probably not quite the right word."

He put the bottle out of his reach as he wanted to remain sober, still aware of his responsibility for Scorpius. Instead, he found a box of chocolate frogs and was slowly eating them. Maybe it was just what he needed.

Scorpius gradually stuffed the entire pizza into himself and demanded the chocolates.

Harry could no longer endure conflicts and allowed the boy to eat the chocolates. He was getting tired.

Half asleep, he was thinking about how to organize the next day when he was interrupted by a low whine, "I'll vomit."

"For Merlin's sake, what have I done to deserve this?" Harry squealed.

------

Harry cleaned up the damage and finally put the boy to bed. He resigned himself to sleeping on the couch.

"Daddy tells me bedtime stories."

"Yeah, and about what?"

"About the Boy Who Lived."

Harry's eyes widened.

"Did you know him?" Scorpius asked.

"I knew him a little," Harry replied.

"Tell me a story, too, please."

Harry narrated some of his first-year experiences, and recounted some of his little school adventures with his friends Ron and Hermione.

"Daddy can tell much better stories," he received criticism. "Because Harry Potter was a hero, and you're telling it like he was a normal boy."

Harry was intrigued. "What does dad tell you about Harry?"

"He was the ultimate hero to daddy," Scorpius said seriously. "He was very fond of him."

Harry's heart jumped in his chest. On a sudden impulse, he lightly kissed the boy's hair.

Just then, a large silvery dragon appeared in the room.

"That's Daddy's Patronus!" Scorpius cheered.

The dragon bent down to the boy, allowed to be petted by him, and when he found that all was well, he floated away. Harry thought he gave him a stern look. All evening he felt like he had Scorpius with him for punishment, but now he felt more warm gratitude.