Unexpected success

What happened was exactly what Luna feared, namely that the telepathic transmission of thoughts was impossible because of Draco's bad mental state. But someone has to connect to Scorpius, someone who knows him well. The only other person who could do that was Harry. However, Luna was unsure if his relationship with the little boy was close enough. They had only known each other for a while. The young age of the child was also a problem, she had never tried to connect someone to such an immature mind. However, it was the last hope.

Harry agreed with the plan, he would do anything to save Scorpius. First, he asked about Draco in detail, and Luna managed to calm him down a bit. Of course, she had to embellish the truth a bit. If Harry knew the condition she had found him in the day before, he would only worry more.

"Thank you for taking care of him, Luna. Didn't he ask about me?" Harry said quietly as if his question was too presumptuous.

"Of course, he asked. Harry, he thinks about you all the time. He was calling your name in his sleep. Don't worry, he loves you."

"But he didn't forgive me, did he?"

"Not yet," Luna whispered guiltily as if it was her fault that she couldn't convince Draco to make up with Harry.

"Don't think about it now. You have to be completely calm," Luna asked him. "Let's go."

Harry managed to relax much better than Draco, it was clear that the Auror training helped him to keep his cool. He was completely focused now and sent Scorpius his first thought, de facto just a greeting.

"Don't worry, Scorpius, we love you, and we're waiting for you," he repeated intently, first in a whisper and then only in his own head. It was so intense that his mind disconnected from his body for a moment, as if it really had set off on a journey into the unknown.

"How do I know I'm doing it right?"

"You have to believe it," Luna explained to him. "You just know it."

Harry waited for a moment, still fully focused. It didn't take long for him to get a response.

"Luna, he answered me! I'm sure he's fine. I just know it."

Luna hugged him tightly. "I told you that you know it. What exactly did he tell you?'

Harry thought about it. "Nothing in particular. I just know he's alive. But I know for sure, it's not just a feeling. It's not just in my head."

"Oh sure, Harry, I know how it works. You are amazing that you were able to connect with him. We will try to get concrete clues from him next time. It's more challenging, but basically, you'll proceed the same way. You must like him a lot, and he must like you if you managed to do this."

"Of course I like him. He's Draco's and now mine too. I want to tell Draco so badly – what do you think?"

"I'd rather go with you; he doesn't dare send you away," Luna decided.

Draco was home and seemed amenable to the rational conversation. Luna was right, he didn't send Harry away. On the other hand, he wasn't too enthusiastic about the result of their work either - he didn't believe it.

"You have no proof that it's not just Harry's feeling, a suggested thought. And you have no clue how to proceed further and where to look for him. That's not enough," he said sceptically. You could see that it was very difficult for him to have Harry so close and could not even touch him. At the same time, the only thing that prevented him was his own stubbornness.

"Now, please go," he requested.

Harry sent him a pleading look. He wanted so much to hug and kiss him...

At that moment, an owl flew in and brought another package. Draco was so sick that he couldn't go pick it up. Harry had to do it.

In the package, this time, was a large clump of blonde hair with dried blood on it. No accompanying text. Draco looked like he would pass out, even letting Harry prop him up.

"We'll do another blood analysis," Luna decided. "It's probably your son's blood, but that doesn't mean... it doesn't mean he's in acute danger or that someone is doing more violence to him. Draco, you would better let Harry stay here with you. You'll feel awful when you're alone."

But she did not persuade Draco. He behaved as responsibly as possible, he tried to think at least a little about his health, but he could not forgive Harry. Not yet.