The missing puzzle piece

Harry's thoughts were spinning in wild spirals. He had no doubt that the numbers Draco had told him had some hidden meaning. But he couldn't think of anything that would lead him to any interpretation.

Draco sat on the bed, confused. The calming effects of the potion had almost worn off, so the anxiety struck again in full force. He was breathing heavily, his heart was racing, and his stomach was in knots.

"Do you know anything new?"

Harry shook his head.

"Did you connect with Scorpius?"

Harry hesitated for a moment. "Of course, you connected with him! Scorpius sent you those numbers. He wants to tell us something important, but what? Think, Draco, what could those numbers mean?"

"I don't know, Harry. I don't even know if this is a message from him. I never managed to get in touch with him."

Harry was almost certain. Draco wasn't stressed at all at that moment between sleep and wakefulness. He let himself be kissed by him as if he didn't realize reality at all. It is just such a moment when researchers find solutions to scientific problems and artists find inspiration to create. Harry didn't want to let this clue go, he knew it was the last piece of the puzzle he had to uncover to find Draco's son. Their son.

"Why am I so stupid? Why don't I know what Scorpius is trying to tell us? What do these numbers mean? Coordinates?"

Harry pulled out a map he had drawn based on the last thought the boy had sent him. Garden, climbing frames, fence, bushes, lamp.

Draco looked at the map carefully.

Then it dawned on him. "Street lamp number, Harry. I taught him that in case he got lost. In the muggle world, it is possible to determine the position precisely."

Harry looked at him in disbelief.

"Draco, you're amazing! And Scorpius too. We've got it." He hugged him tightly.

"I'm going to the ministry; we need to organize an event immediately."

"I will go with you."

"It's dangerous, no way."

"Harry, he is my child. I must go with you."

Harry knew it was impossible to persuade Draco anyway, and he let him follow him. He was only too glad that Draco had forgiven him and that - hopefully - they were thinking in the right direction and would manage to save Scorpius.

It didn't even take an hour to launch the event, the team of Aurors was immediately ready for action, and the garden location where the children should be was precisely targeted. The site was located on the outskirts of Muggle London, so it was surprisingly close. The organized group behind the attacks was apparently not very resourceful. On the other hand, if Harry and Draco hadn't connected with Scorpius's mind, the Aurors probably wouldn't have found the place. Enchanting an ordinary muggle house against being found through spells wasn't actually that unintelligent.

Harry didn't want Draco to go right into the action with him. In fact, it wasn't even allowed as he didn't have Auror training. Harry had to leave him back. He hugged him one last time.

"I love you, Draco. It will turn out well."

Draco lightly touched his lips with his fingers. "I trust you." He realized he was worried about Harry. If something happened to him, he wouldn't have the chance to tell him how much he loved him. For a moment, two emotions battled within him – love, which was rather intensified by the separation, and the remnants of resentment for not watching over Scorpius. But could he feel anything other than love for him at that moment? He clung to Harry tightly and gave him a long kiss. He didn't have to say anything, Harry knew Draco trusted him and was ready to forgive him. He gently moved him away from him and went into action together with his colleagues. Luna led the whole event.

The children were inside the kindergarten building at the moment when the Auror units surrounded the area. It was quite a strange intervention. There was no one armed anywhere to guard the facility. There seemed to be no wizards at all present in the entire building, and all the equipment was completely muggle-style as well. The teachers were scared to death by the intervention of the Auror commando, and so were the children, except for one boy.

"Harryyyy!!!"

Scorpius jumped into Harry's arms and didn't let go of him.

"He's alive, my Scorpius is alive," Harry repeated to himself, "we did it."