The real home

Draco saw them coming from a distance, a grown man and a small boy, the two most precious beings in his life. Scorpius was literally hanging onto Harry, holding his hand and looking up at him. But Harry didn't look at the boy, he walked with his head proudly held high, his eyes searching for his friend to receive absolution from him. His whole expression cried out for Draco's forgiveness, "Here I am bringing him to you. I saved him, he's fine, look, then finally forgive me."

Scorpius saw his daddy, tore himself away from Harry, and ran into the safety of Draco's arms. Draco held him tight and wept with emotion.

Harry stood back, waiting to see if anyone would notice him. After a while, he turned back and decided to return to the other Aurors in case he was still needed. The Malfoys obviously won't miss him, he thought hurt.

All at once, he felt a child's hand in his hand again. "Where are you going, Harry? You're not going to leave us, are you?"

Harry bent down to the boy. "It's not just about me."

At that moment, someone grabbed Harry violently in their arms, and Harry smelled Draco's hair shampoo.

"You are our saviour, Harry. We will never let you go again."

------

The investigation of the case took a rapid turn. It was indeed an organized group that kidnapped several children of former Death Eaters. They aimed to cause their families immeasurable torment, which they succeeded in doing. However, no one wanted to harm the children themselves. No violence was perpetrated on them except for frequent blood draws. They were taken into the care of muggles and scheduled to be put up for adoption. The group was not organised well, and after the children were returned to their families, it was not difficult to secure the organisation's members and bring them to justice.

Harry returned to Draco later that evening. He had everything again, without which he could no longer imagine his life. He doesn't have to worry about them anymore. Scorpius can play with the puppy outside and invite his friends over. Draco is free to go out into the street. And Harry can have a drink without fear of it interfering with his telepathy. He doesn't have to connect to anyone. He has them both with him. Whatever they want to tell each other, they just - completely normally - say it to each other.

However, no one needed to speak. Scorpius fell asleep from exhaustion, and the two men rested in a tight embrace on the sofa a few meters away.

"I've missed you so much, Draco," Harry whispered.

"Me too, Harry. I'm sorry for pushing you away. I didn't mean to, but that's just how I felt. Forgive me."

"I'm not mad at you after all. I made a pretty catastrophic mistake, and it was only thanks to Luna and Scorpius that I could fix it.''

"Luna helped me a lot," Draco said. "I thought I had no friends, and yet Luna was always there for me."

"I used to think that I didn't have a family. And now you and Scorpius are here, and I can't live without you anymore."

"And we can't live without you, Harry."

Harry looked tenderly first at Draco and then at the sleeping Scorpius.

"I think he can sleep here on his own," Draco said, giving Harry a conspiratorial wink.

Harry pulled Draco close. "I can't wait," he whispered.

Indeed, he might have been a little impatient, but Draco didn't really mind at all. Harry was an Auror, after all, so a bit of dominance suited him. Draco liked to be conquered, and this new, confident, goal-oriented Harry was incredibly attractive to him. His fast, dynamic and maximally efficient performance brought him into such ecstasy in no time that he did not even look at the monitoring sphere guarding Scorpius.