Chapter 9: When Jace Met Cassandra.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Our almost kiss made things more awkward between us, we walk back to her house in total silence.

She looks like I made her very uncomfortable, which is understandable.

"Can I pick it up later? After I check on Diego?" I ask, pointing at my bike when we reach her driveway.

"Yeah, sure." She interlocks her fingers behind her, barely looking at me.

Yeah, so, remember when I said I didn't wanna fuck it up?

I fucked it up.

"Goodnight, Olivia." I start walking backwards, gazing at her.

"Goodnight, Jace." She responds in a low tone, I turn around and I squeeze my eyes shut, groaning in frustration.

Fuck fuck fuck.

That went awful.

Diego's car is in the driveway, I don't know if he drove it to the party or maybe he also walked, I notice that his Mum's car isn't in the driveway which means she's not home.

I ring his doorbell repeated until he opens the door and almost snaps at me.

"Well, shit, I thought you got arrested."

"Nah." I let myself inside his house.

"What's up with your face?" He follows me into his living room.

"What do you mean?" I plop down on the couch with a sigh.

"You look... Struck." He grabs a bottle of beer from the table and sits next to me.

I rest my elbows on my knees, pushing my hair back and staring down at the carpet as the events of the night endlessly circle around in my head.

"That damn girl, man, she's..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, first of all, I hate when conversations go like this and secondly, what girl?"

"Olivia." I smile, turning my head to him.

"Man, shut the fuck up, you met that girl yesterday." He rolls his eyes at me, looking away from me for a brief moment.

"Friday." I correct him.

"What's the fucking difference?" He lifts his shoulders, clearly annoyed.

"I know, I know, but I feel like I'm losing my shit, bro, I feel.... Fuck, I don't even know what I feel and I haven't even known her for that long and-"

"Just fuck her, you'll get over it." He cuts me off.

I sigh.

"I don't think it's something you get rid of with sex." I tell him, he sips his beer.

"A kiss then?"

"I had that opportunity tonight but I didn't take it." I say underneath my breath, clearing my throat then after.

"Why? You pussy." He punches my shoulder, laughing.

"I didn't wanna ruin everything." I defend.

"I didn't wanna ruin everything." He mimicks my tone, "Everything, you say that like you've made a trillion memories with this chick." He laughs at me like I'm being ridiculous, "I know what you need." He squeezes my shoulder.

"What do I need?" I ask in a lazy tone, "And don't say sex." I raise a warning finger.

"Sex." He smirks.