Chapter 14: Brunch.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

This is not the first time I'm pretending to be a girl's boyfriend, things didn't turn out so well the last time I did this but that's mostly because I was stoned and the girl's parents decided to say shit about my tattoos.

Here's the thing, I know I'm only eighteen and people regret certain decisions as they grow but I don't think I'll ever regret the tattoos, they're a part of my grown and they somehow feel like... Therapy.

Having people say stupid things about them pisses me off, so yeah, of course I pulled out a couple of curse words which left them slack jawed and no, I have no regrets.

I know something dramatic is gonna happen at this meet up too but I still pass through the gates.

I slow down my bike, taking in the large estate.

Fucking hell.

I reach the circular driveway, parking my bike next to a black Bugatti Veyron.

This fucking driveway is like a luxury car collection.

There's that Tesla Luke Richardson drove last year, a red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Cassandra's pink BMW i8, two black Range Rover SUVs that could escort the president, a yellow Porsche and a white Maserati MC20.

I take out my phone to snap a picture of the Maserati.

Diego would practically sell his soul for this car.

I take the picture, sending it to Diego as I walk towards the entrance which is guarded by two large men in Black suits.

A message pops up on my screen from an unknown number.

"Hey."

My first thought is that it's from Diego but he never texts shit like 'hey' and he definitely wouldn't use another number.

"Who's this?" I respond, standing in front of the two large men at the door.

"Olivia."

I flex my jaw at the name.

The fucking audacity.

My thumb lingers on the keyboard, a thousand replies swimming around in my head.

Honestly, I don't know what to say to her and I definitely don't want her to explain herself cause her explanation would make me feel so much more stupid than I already do.

"Sorry. Wrong number." I replay, shoving my phone back in my front pocket and facing the two men.

"Hey, I'm here for Cassandra?" I look between them.

"Name?" Asks the one on the left as he tilts his head to his side and eyes me with narrowed eyes.

"Jace Rodriguez." I sigh at my own name, he jerks his head towards the entrance in response, signaling me to go in.

I enter the gigantic house, taking everything in at once.

The checkered floors, chandelier hanging in the ceiling, east and west wing and the furniture is either black or white.

Sometimes, I sit alone in silence, smoking a joint and I think about how the fuck I'm gonna get rich.

Now, I'm gonna think about how I'm gonna get this rich.

"Pretty lips!" Cassandra shouts excitedly at the top of the stairs.

I look up at her as she rushes down the stairs and a warm smile spreads on my face.