Chapter 37: What If.

Three Years ago.

Jace's POV.

Olivia and I spent our night drinking wine and talking about our cringe childhood days.

We laughed a lot, more than I've ever seen her laugh, it was a nice feeling.

We later took things upstairs and had the hottest make out session of my life, there was a lot of groping and moaning involved and we did rip each other's clothes off but as soon as I laid her down on my bed...

She blacked out.

I couldn't get rid of my erection, I tried ignoring it but that only made it worse so I took a cold shower and pulled one out while I was at it.

Now it's 6AM in the morning and for the first time since we've shared a bed, she's not yet awake.

I'm well aware of the fact that she's half naked, her entire back is pressed into my front and her body is radiating with heat. The hand draped over her stomach appreciates the softness of her skin.

I wanna sink my teeth into her shoulder, curl my fingers in her hair and fuck her hard enough to satisfy that hunger I saw in her eyes last night.

I already woke up with a boner this morning but man, that vision made it worse.

She hums and aches her back, her ass cheeks making the slightest friction against my erection.

I grunt, squeezing my eyes shut.

"I passed out last night." Her voice sounds hoarse and she lets out a yawn.

"Correct." I grip the curve of her hip and she gasps.

She turns her head to look back at me and she plasters a warm smile.

I return the smile then she suddenly sits up and looks down at me, my eyes immediately fall to her half naked body.

She's wearing a strapless white bra with matching underwear.

Hot.

She takes a sharp intake of breath and quickly crosses her arms over her chest.

I huff out a breath.

"Olivia." I rise up, kneeling before her on my bed. "You don't have to be shy." I shake my head.

"I'm not shy." She's quick to defend but avoids eye contact, "I just don't want you to see me naked." She purses her lips and looks down at her arms.

"Why?" I tuck her hair behind her ear, my thumb caressing her earlobe.

"No reason," she leans into my palm but still doesn't look at me.

"Bullshit, tell me." I grip her chin, tilting her head.

"Because," She cuts herself short and clears her throat as she stares into my eyes, "Because you've been with girls who have better bodies than mine." She sighs like her explanation disappoints her.

I laugh, placing my hand on the side of her face and searching her eyes.

"You think too much, you know that?" I say through my laugh.

"No, I don't." She slightly shakes her head and sighs, "Jace, every time you got yourself a new girlfriend, I looked at myself in the mirror and I just knew I wasn't nearly as-"

"Shh," I press my finger against her lips, cutting her off, "You didn't look like them because you weren't them, you're you, gorgeous in your own way and guess what? They are not the ones I'm in love with, you are." I tell her.

She widens her eyes at my face, then she blinks multiple times like something got in her eyes.

"Love?" She mutters.