Chapter 39: I Don't Have A Problem.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Mr Hudson is so obsessed with getting me into a college photography program. I know he only wants to help but having someone force you to do something you're not interested in doing is quite annoying.

Plus, my head has been crowded ever since Olivia's parents came in town.

Tristan, the ex, has to pretend to be her boyfriend while her parents are still here, I don't get why she couldn't just tell them she broke up with the guy, I mean, how fucking bad can it be?

"So, what do you think?" Mr Hudson questions, dragging me out of my own thoughts.

"I didn't hear one thing you said." I slouch in my seat, he sighs, stroking his beard with his large hand.

"Oh, well, I guess I'm gonna have to involve your parents." He declares in a threatening tone.

I throw my head back and puff out a breath.

"What exactly are you asking of me?" I stare at the ceiling fan.

"A good photography scholarship program in Los Angeles for a whole year," he says, I look at him.

"You're giving me a free scholarship?" I half laugh.

"It's not free, kid, you earned it," He says, "I mean, look at these." He lifts one of my photographs from his desk.

"I guess they're not so bad." I say.

"Not bad at all and your grades don't totally suck," he gives an amused laugh, I shake my head at him, "Graduation's just around the corner, you ready?" He asks.

"To get the fuck out of high school? Where do I fucking sign?" I exclaim, he chuckles at my reaction, he didn't mean to but it was instinctive.

"Get out before I send you to detention." He points behind me to his office door.

"Yes, sir." I withdraw from the chair and I walk out of his office.

I think about texting Olivia to ask if she's free to hangout later but I have a feeling she's gonna say no and I really can't handle a no right now so I don't.

I exit the school and stroll through the parking lot to where I parked my motorcycle, I spot Diego and Blair making out by Diego's car.

"All be damned, my two favorite people are all lovey-dovey again," I say as I walk towards them, they break their kiss to look at me.

"Hey, you," Blair smiles at me.

"Hey yourself," I stop in front of them, "What are we doing today?" I rub my hands together.

"We were gonna go to a concert tonight, where's Olivia? I haven't been seeing her around lately." She looks behind me in hope of seeing my girlfriend there.

"Oh, Olivia's parents are in town and they're kind of strict." I explain.

"By strict, he means they don't know about him dating their daughter," Diego corrects me.

"Ugh, strict parents are the worst, my parents don't even let me invite anyone for fucking sleepovers," Blair whines.

"And yet you're always out every night." I point out.

"I sneak out, plus, strict parents raise future strict parents and I don't wanna be strict, I don't want my children to pretend to be someone they're not in order to impress me," She says, matter-of-fact.

"I'm gonna marry this girl," Diego smacks a proud kiss on her cheek.

"Uh-oh, speak of the devil," she looks behind me again.