Chapter 22: The Aftermath.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

I'm locked inside Olivia's bathroom, my eyes haven't left my reflection in the mirror and a part of me wants to punch through the glass. I don't know what I'm doing in here, I should be on my way home.

I decided to come in here right after she told me it was her first time, I mean, I don't get it, she told me her boyfriend was her first time but even if she hadn't, why wouldn't she just tell me the goddamn truth?

Breaking someone's virginity isn't something I do on a Sunday night, there's a reason why I don't associate with virgins, the last virgin I was with was Sandra and that was my first time too and it was absolutely stressful, I thought I was hurting her the entire time regardless of her constantly telling me she was fine.

And because I didn't know Liv was a virgin, I went at her like an animal thinking that she...... Hell, I can't even bring myself to say it.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I rub the side of my face, guilt swimming in the pit of my chest, killing me over and over again.

I finally gain the courage to get out of the bathroom, back to her room.

She's now sitting up, leaning her back against the headboard, holding her white covers close to her chest.

I noticed that she wiped her cheeks as soon as I walked in which tells me that she had been crying.

I don't know if she's crying because I hurt her or because she lied to me, I'd really like to know but I don't ask.

"Jace-"

"Did I hurt you?" I cut in, grabbing my jeans from the floor and slipping them on, she watches me.

"I'm fine." She lies.

"Olivia, I'm fucking serious, this isn't a fucking game." I try not to snap.

"I'm fine, I'm okay, it was just... a little... uncomfortable but I'll... be fine." She stutters, I shake my head at her, feeling a little disappointed.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I ask as I put on my shirt and hoodie.

"I don't know." Her voice sounds hoarse and calm, so fucking calm it pisses me off.

"No, Liv, don't do that, don't act like it's not a big deal-"

"It's really not." She assures me, making it sound like I'm being ridiculous.

"Dude." I clench my teeth, ready to snap.

"It's not a big deal, Jace, Jesus Christ, just drop it already, it's done!" She grides a hand through her hair.

"How..." I pause, breathing through my nose and looking elsewhere for a brief moment, "Why didn't you ever have sex with that Tristan guy?" I ask curiously.

"Are you saying I should have had sex with him so I could later do it with you?" She asks, annalizing the sentence with her hand.

"You know what I mean." I roll my eyes at her.

"Tristan and I never believed in sex before marriage, you know, Christians and all." She responds but I can't tell if it's sarcasm.

"What changed?" I question.

"I don't know, I felt like I was ready, it felt right and it was..." she hesitates, snatching her eyes away from me. " It was with you." She lets out, her face clouding with shame.

Something about this entire situation makes me wanna run out of this house and get a restraining order against her.

Go on, Jace, get far away from this fan girl before it's too late, she might murder your future wife and boil your future little babies alive, she's starting to look the part.